Saturday, July 4, 2020

Saturday, July 4; IDEAL PASSENGER




Saturday, July 4
Celebration Mission Church of CANIP
IDEAL PASSENGER
MATTHEW 8:23-27

Get into my boat, Master. I want you as a passenger.
I won't let go of the rope until you're inside
Because I want you on board when the wind picks up at sea.
You bring the weariness of centuries, the fatigue of eternal love.
Sleep tight Master, I'll watch over your sleep
It's enough that you're on my boat so there’s no fear of the wind
We've sailed together. I, the coxswain, you, the traveler,
And my boat didn’t sink because you were in it.

When the waves rose up around my sailboat
You roused from your sleep and ordered the wind to be calm
And the wind became calm as if realizing
That the Lord of the universe was residing in my boat.

So Lord, now you are not missing on my sailboat
Because I steer the boat, but you command the wind
And I'm not afraid of storms even if you find yourself sleeping
Just be on my boat, Christ, Lord and Master.

Ennio Gaud

Prayer: Lord, help us to trust in you as the Ideal Passenger. Help us to believe that even though the storm is great, you, who sustain us, are greater. Bless the Church that gathers at CANIP; give her this kind of faith. Amen.



Translated by John Potter

Julio 4,  sábado
Celebración de la Iglesia Dependiente del CANIP
PASAJERO IDEAL
MATEO 8:23-27

Sube a mi barca Maestro. te quiero de pasajero
No soltaré las amarras mientras tú no estés adentro
Porque te quiero a bordo cuando en el mar pique el viento.
Tú traes cansancio de siglos, fatigas de amor eterno.
Duerme tranquilo Maestro, que yo te cuido el sueño
Basta que estés en mi barco para no temerle al viento
Hemos navegado juntos. Yo timonel, tú viajero
Y mi barco no se hundió porque tú estabas adentro.

Cuando las olas subieron arropando  mi velero
Tú interrumpiste la siesta y ordenaste calma al viento
Y el mar se quedó tranquilo como en reconocimiento
De que en mi barco viajaba el Señor del universo

Por eso Señor, ahora, no faltas en mi velero
Porque yo manejo el barco, pero tú ordenas al viento
Y no temo tempestades aunque te encuentres durmiendo
Basta que estés en mi barco, Cristo Señor y Maestro

Ennio Gaud


Oración: Señor, ayúdanos a confiar en ti como el Pasajero Ideal. Permite que podamos creer que aunque la tempestad sea grande, más grande eres tú, quien nos sostienes. Bendice a la iglesia que se reúne en el CANIP, dale a ella este tipo de confianza. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment