Saturday, August 22, 2020

Saturday, August 22; PROMISES IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY



Saturday, August 22
PROMISES IN THE FACE OF ADVERSITY

Why should I fear when evil days come,
when wicked deceivers surround me?  (NIV)

Psalm  49:5

Problems are so numerous that at times we feel that there’s no escape. But God has promised that:

But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
Psalm 3: 3 (NIV)

The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my impregnable height.  
Psalm 18: 5 (NIV)

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.
 Psalm 28: 7 (NIV)



You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 119: 114 (NIV)

He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield in whom I take refuge, who subdues people under me. 
Psalm 144: 2 (NIV)

Prayer: Thank you Lord for the promises found in your word. Inspire us to read it more frequently, assured that there we will find wisdom and grace in abundance. Amen.

Translated by John Walter


Agosto 22, sábado
PROMESAS ANTE LA ADVERSIDAD

¿Por qué he de temer en los días de adversidad,
 cuando la iniquidad de mis opresores me rodeare?

Salmo  49:5

A veces los problemas son tantos que sentimos que no hay escapada. Pero Dios ha prometido que:

Más tú, Oh Señor, eres escudo en derredor mío, mi gloria, y el que levanta mi cabeza
Salmo 3:3

El Señor es mi roca, mi baluarte y mi libertador; mi Dios, mi roca en quien me refugio; mi escudo y el cuerno de mi salvación, mi altura inexpugnable
Salmo 18:2

El Señor es mi fuerza y mi escudo; en Él confía mi corazón, y soy socorrido; por tanto, mi corazón se regocija, y le daré gracias con mi cántico
Salmo 28:7

Tú eres mi escondedero y mi escudo; en tu palabra espero
Salmo 119:114

Misericordia mía y fortaleza mía, mi baluarte y mi libertador, escudo mío en quien me he refugiado, el que sujeta a mi pueblo debajo de mí
Salmo 144:2


Oración: Gracias Señor, por las promesas encontradas en tu Palabra. Aliéntanos a leerla con más frecuencia, seguros de que allí encontraremos sabiduría y gracia en abundancia. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment