Saturday, August 8, 2020

Saturday, August 8; I BELIEVE





Saturday, August 8 
I BELIEVE
Ephesians 4:17-32

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children

Ephesians 5:1(NRSV)

            If you sometimes think that being an imitator of God is a difficult task, the reality is that nothing less is expected of the believer. The end of Chapter 4 of Ephesians gives some ideas of exactly what is expected. But I want to leave you with these personal reflections as well:

            I believe in prayer and never close my eyes to sleep without asking for proper guidance before hand so that I may be patient with others and tolerant with those who do not believe as I do.

            I believe that success is the result of intelligent effort, which does not depend on luck, magic, friends, dubious colleagues or bosses. I believe that I will take out of life exactly what I put into it; and doing so, I will be cautious when treating others, as I want them to treat me...

            I will not slander those I do not like; I will not diminish my work by having others do it; I will render the best service I can, and I know that success is always the result of conscious and effective effort.

            Finally, I will forgive those who offend me because I understand that often I also offend others and need forgiveness.


Prayer: Help me Lord, in my eagerness to become your true son. Amen.


Translation by John Potter


Agosto 8, sábado 
CREDO
Efesios 4:17-32

Sed, pues, imitadores de Dios como hijos amados

Efesios 5:1

            Si alguna vez piensas en que ser imitador de Dios es algo difícil, la realidad es que no se espera menos del creyente. El final del cap. 4 de Efesios nos da algunas ideas de qué exactamente se espera. Pero deseo dejarte además con estas reflexiones personales:

            Creo en las oraciones y nunca cerraré  mis ojos para dormir sin pedir antes la debida orientación a fin de ser paciente con  los otros y tolerante con los que no creen como yo creo.

            Creo que el triunfo es el resultado del esfuerzo inteligente,  que no depende de suerte, de magia, de amigos,  compañeros dudosos o de jefes. Creo que sacaré  de la vida exactamente lo que coloqué en ella; y siendo así¡, seré cauteloso cuando trate a los otros, como quiero que ellos sean conmigo...

            No calumniaré a aquellos que no  me gustan; no disminuiré  mi trabajo por ver  que los otros lo hacen; prestaré el mejor servicio de que soy capaz, y sé que el triunfo es siempre resultado del esfuerzo consciente y eficaz.

            Finalmente, perdonaré a los que me ofenden, porque comprendo que algunas veces yo también ofendo a los otros y necesito  perdón.


Oración: Ayúdame Señor, em mi afán por convertirme en verdadero hijo tuyo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment