Thursday, August 20, 2020

Thursday, August 20; IN HIS HANDS




Thursday, August 20
IN HIS HANDS
PSALM 139: 7-14

Even here your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (NIV)

Psalm 139:10

Some days ago I had to undergo a medical test that required the use of general anesthesia. Despite the fact that I’d known about it for some days before, and had begun to pray, I have to say that the truly “magical” occurred just at the moment of the test.

I remember that my last thought before falling asleep with the anesthesia was: “Lord, in your hands I remain.” The other thing I remember was waking up still half befuddled, almost without even knowing where I was. But when I could react my words were. “Thank you, thank you Lord.” I don’t have the least idea of what time had elapsed, nor how it had elapsed. I only know that during that interval from how many things had God delivered me!

To put ourselves in his hands every moment of our lives is a surety that protects us from all misfortune. To pray should be the first thing we do upon waking; the last thing we do before leaving home; the first thing we do upon returning; and the last thing we do before falling asleep.

Prayer: Lord, in your hands I remain, so that you accompany me in this day, so that you accompany me during the night. Thank you, Lord, for returning to my home. Thank you, Lord, for this day you’ve allowed me to live. Amen.

Translated by John Walter



Agosto 20,  jueves
EN SUS MANOS
SALMO 139: 7-14

Aún allí me guiará tu mano y me asirá tu diestra
Salmo 139:10

            Hace algunos días tuve que realizarme una prueba médica que requería el uso de anestesia general. A pesar de que desde algunos días antes lo sabía, y había comenzado a orar, debo decir que lo verdaderamente “mágico” ocurrió en el justo momento de la prueba.

            Recuerdo que mi último pensamiento antes de quedarme dormida por la anestesia fue: “Señor, en tus manos quedo”. Lo otro que recuerdo fue despertarme medio atolondrada aun, casi sin saber siquiera donde estaba, pero cuando pude reaccionar, mis palabras fueron: “Gracias Señor, gracias Señor”. No tengo la menor idea de qué tiempo transcurrió, ni cómo transcurrió ese tiempo. Sólo sé que en ese intervalo ¡de cuántas cosas me libró Dios!

            Ponernos en sus manos en cada momento de nuestras vidas, es un seguro que nos cubre de todo mal. Ponernos en oración debe ser lo  primero que hagamos al despertar, lo último que hagamos antes de salir de casa; lo primero que hagamos al regresar, y lo último que hagamos antes de dormir.


Oración: Señor, en tus manos quedo para que me acompañes en este día, para que me acompañes durante la noche. Gracias Señor, por estar de vuelta en mi casa. Gracias Señor, por este día que me permitiste vivir. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment