Friday, October 9, 2020

Friday, October 9; DO NOT TIRE OF SAYING: I LOVE YOU - 2 CORINTHIANS 4:7-10

 

OCTOBER 9, FRIDAY

DO NOT TIRE OF SAYING: I LOVE YOU

2 CORINTHIANS 4:7-10

We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair;

2 Corinthians 4:8 (NRSV)

           There is a poem that became one of my favorites when I was very young, entitled: “With so many blows that gave you life”: by the poet Fayad Jamis.  And it is not that at such a young age life would have hurt me too much, but rather, I was attracted to the text by those phrases that say that the madman of the poem, in spite of everything, did not tire of opening windows and planting lights, of loving with all his heart, of making kites and poems...; and above all, he never got tired of saying, “I love you.”

Today when I am already an adult, when the blows of life are very strong, I take refuge in this immense God who always has time and space for every being; in this God of light who tells us that even with many problems and sorrows, there is always a way out, a solution. And we realize then that we have only been able to withstand the sorrows of our existence because it is God, with his infinite ways who strengthens and sustains us.

 

 

Prayer: Lord, even in the most difficult moments of our existence, it is your light that always, in spite of everything, makes me say “I love you”. Amen.

 

Translation by Pat Metcalf

 

 

Octubre  9,  viernes

NO TE CANSES DE DECIR: TE QUIERO

2 CORINTIOS  4:7-10

Así, aunque llenos de problemas, no estamos sin salida; tenemos preocupaciones, pero no nos desesperamos.

2 Corintios 4:8

           Existe un poema que se volvió uno de mis preferidos desde que era muy joven y es aquel titulado: “Con tantos palos que te dio la vida” del poeta Fayad Jamis. Y no es que a edad tan temprana la vida me hubiera lastimado demasiado, sino más bien, me atraía el texto  por aquellas frases que dicen que el loco del poema, a pesar de todo, no se cansaba de abrir ventanas y sembrar luceros, de amar con todo el pecho, de fabricar papalotes y poemas(…); y sobre todo, no se cansó nunca de decir: “te quiero”.

           Hoy que ya soy adulta, cuando los palos de la vida son muy fuertes, me refugio en este Dios inmenso que siempre tiene tiempo y espacio para todo ser. En este Dios de luz que nos dice que aun, con muchos problemas y tristezas, siempre hay una salida, una solución.  Y nos damos cuenta entonces, que solo hemos podido resistir las tristezas de nuestra existencia porque es Dios, con sus infinitas maneras, quien nos fortalece y nos sostiene.

 

 

Oración: Señor, aún en los momentos más difííciles de nuestra existencia sea tu luz la que siempre, a pesar de todo, me haga decir “ te quiero”. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment