Friday, September 10, 2021

Friday, September 10

A TEAMWORK TASK

Psalm 62:8

I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.  (NIV)

John 16:33

            Some time ago I learned a great truth: I do what I can and leave the rest to God.

            When I’m in the middle of a difficult situation, I open my heart to God, assured that he is listening and concerned about me. I take rest in him, my always present helper when I’m confronted with problems. No matter how anxious I may be to resolve a given situation, I don’t allow it to rob my tranquility.

            When I’ve already done everything possible, the best thing is to wait and seek rest in his presence. I don’t allow myself to be caught in the snare of the lie that one cannot enjoy life if one doesn’t have all the problems solved. In him I have peace, even in the midst of the worst battle.

            My relationship with God is one of collaboration, he and I working together. I go to him when I need orientation. I do what I can, and trust that he will do what I cannot. I ask that he may show me the way I should follow, according to his time. I subject myself to his hand in deepest confidence and enjoy the journey in his presence.

 

Prayer: Thank you, my great God, for working in me. I know that alone I am nothing, but with you my side I can do everything. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Septiembre 10, viernes

UN TRABAJO EN EQUIPO

Salmo  62:8

Estas cosas os he hablado para que en mí tengáis paz. En el mundo tendréis aflicción; pero confiad, yo he vencido al mundo

Juan 16:33

            Hace tiempo aprendí una gran verdad: Hago lo que puedo y le dejo el resto a Dios.

            Cuando estoy en medio de una situación difíícil, abro mi corazón a Dios seguro de que Él me escucha y se preocupa por mí. Descanso en Él, mi ayudador siempre presente cuando estoy en problemas. Sin importar cuán ansioso esté por resolver una situación dada, no permito que me robe la tranquilidad.

            Cuando ya he hecho todo lo posible, lo mejor es esperar y buscar reposo en su presencia. No me dejo atrapar en la mentira de que la vida no se puede disfrutar si no tengo todos los problemas resueltos. En Él tengo la paz, aun en medio de la peor batalla.

            Mi relación con Dios es de colaboración: Él y yo trabajando juntos. Acudo a Él cuando necesito orientación. Hago lo que puedo, y confío en que Él hará lo que yo no puedo hacer. Le pido que me muestre el camino por donde debo seguir, según su tiempo. Me sujeto a su mano con la más profunda confianza y disfruto la jornada en su presencia.

 

Oración: Gracias mi buen Dios, por trabajar conmigo. Sé que solo no soy nada, pero contigo a mi lado, todo lo puedo. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment