Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Wednesday, November 17

LOSING OR WINNING?

Mark 11:24

Pray in the Spirit at all times in every prayer and supplication.

Ephesians 6:18a (NRSV)

 

            A few days ago I read this beautiful reflection which I would like to share with you today.

On a certain occasion a woman was asked what she obtained by praying regularly to God. She replied, “Generally, I gain nothing, but rather lose things.” She continued by citing all that she lost praying regularly to God:

 

·            I lose pride

·            I lose arrogance

·            I lose greed

·          I lose envy

·          I lose my anger

·          I lose lust

·          I lose the pleasure of lying

·            I lose the taste for sin

·          I lose impatience

·          I lose despair

·          I lose discouragement

Sometimes we pray not to gain anything, but to lose things that don’t allow us to grow spiritually. Prayer teaches, strengthens, and heals. Prayer is the channel that connects us directly to God.

 

Oración: Lord, I bow before your presence to thank you for the wonderful tool we have in prayer. Thank you that in prayer we draw near to your throne of grace with the certainty that you are always seeking us. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

 

Noviembre 17,  miércoles

¿PERDIENDO O GANANDO?

Marcos 11:24

Orando en todo tiempo, con toda oración y súplica en el Espíritu…

Efesios 6:18a

            Hace algunos días leí esta bella reflexión la cual quisiera compartir con ustedes hoy.

“En cierta ocasión le preguntaron a una mujer qué obtenía orando a Dios regularmente. A lo cual ella respondió: Generalmente no gano nada, sino más bien pierdo cosas. Y siguió citando todo lo que perdía orando a Dios regularmente:

·            Pierdo el orgullo

·            Pierdo la arrogancia

·            Pierdo la codicia

·            Pierdo la envidia

·            Pierdo  mi ira

·            Pierdo la lujuria

·            Pierdo el placer de mentir

·            Pierdo el gusto por el pecado

·            Pierdo la impaciencia

·            Pierdo la desesperación

·            Pierdo el desánimo

            A veces oramos no para ganar algo, sino para perder  cosas que no nos permiten crecer espiritualmente. La oración educa, fortalece y sana. La oración es el canal que nos conecta directamente con Dios.

 

Oración: Señor, me inclino ante tu presencia para agradecerte por esa maravillosa herramienta que tenemos en la oración. Gracias porque en ella nos acercamos a tu trono de gracia con la certeza de que nos escuchas siempre. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment