Tuesday, October 25, 2022

October 25

THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD

Psalm 23

 

To Jehovah God my Shepherd I attend

 My shepherd will not fail me in any moment.

My shepherd will make me lie down in vast places

Together with the slowly moving waters

My shepherd pastors me with his powerful voice.

 

To my soul he will give his strength

And through his love with great finesse

My shepherd will guide me through paths of justice

Although I walk in the valley of the shadow of death

I will not fear any evil, for at my side

Your rod and your staff will animate me.

 

You fill my table with flavor

In the presence of my oppressors

You anoint my head with oil

My cup spills out in delight

Mercy and good will come with me

And I will dwell sheltered with God.

 

(Written by a 16th century Spanish poet)

 

 

Prayer: We ask you, beloved God, that you give us all trust in You to live a full life.  Amen

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Octubre 25

EL SEÑOR ES MI PASTOR

Salmo 23

 

De Jehová Dios mi Pastor atento

 No me faltará en ningún momento

Me hará yacer en lugares vastos

Junto a las aguas mansas en corriente

Me pastorea con su voz potente

 

A mi alma Él dará su fortaleza

Y por su amor con gran delicadeza

Me guiará por sendas de justicia

Aunque ande en valle de sombra de muerte

No temeré ningún mal, que a mi lado

Me alentarán tu vara y tu cayado

 

Pones mi mesa llena de sabores

En la presencia de mis opresores

Unges tú mi cabeza con aceite

Mi copa se derrama de deleite

Misericordia y bien vendrán conmigo

Y moraré de Jehová al abrigo

 

(Escrito por un poeta español del siglo XVI)

 

 

Oración: Te pedimos, Dios amado, que nos des toda la confianza en Ti para vivir una vida plena.  Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment