Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wednesday, February 5- Anniversary of the Church “The Redeemer” in Versalles, Matanzas



HOW COULD I BE SAD?
ROMANS 8:28-39
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him…”
Romans 8:28
The lyrics of the evangelical hymn containing these verses say: “How could I be sad? How could I walk between shadows?  How could I feel alone, and be living in pain?  For Christ is my comfort; he is my ever faithful friend.  If even the birds find certain refuge in him…when within me my faith grows faint, and I fall down in the weight of my anxiety, he alone lifts me up and grants me security…”

The emotional state of sadness is usually accompanied by anxiety, anguish, depression, loneliness, and even crying. We have all been in this situation at some moment in our lives.  A few years ago I had a moment of bitterness and then my pastor said to me: “Wear the clothing in which the Lord dresses you in song, and never be sad, because it is a sin to be sad.” My pastor was right, because a Christian who is sad is not the same as a sad Christian. That pastor succeeded in convincing me that sadness was the worst enemy of life and of faith, because sadness erodes the spirit and distances us from our Savior. This is a hymn of victory and confidence, and by singing it often we can fill ourselves with him and integrate the musical message that it offers us.
 
Prayer:
Lord, when our faith is faint, allow us to feel your presence, which sustains and uplifts us. Amen.

Aniversario de la Iglesia “El Redentor” (Versalles)
¿CÓMO PODRÉ ESTAR TRISTE?
ROMANOS 8:28-39
Y sabemos que a los que aman a Dios,
todas las cosas les ayudan a bien…”
Romanos 8:28
La letra del himno evangélico que intitula esta reflexión dice: “¿Cómo podré estar triste? ¿Cómo entre sombras ir? ¿Cómo sentirme solo,  y en el dolor vivir? Si Cristo es mi consuelo, mi amigo siempre fiel. Si aun las aves tienen, seguro asilo en él… Si en mí la fe desmaya, y caigo en la ansiedad, tan solo él me levanta, me da seguridad...”

La tristeza  como estado emocional suele ir acompañada de ansiedad, angustia, depresión, soledad y hasta llanto. Esta situación en algún momento de nuestras vidas la hemos pasado. Hace varios años yo tuve un momento amargo, y entonces mi  pastor me dijo: “Lleva cantando el traje con que el Señor te viste, y no estés nunca triste, que es pecado estar triste”. El pastor tenía razón, porque no es lo mismo un cristiano triste que un triste cristiano. Aquel pastor logró convencerme que la tristeza era el peor enemigo de la vida y de la fe, porque la tristeza mina el espíritu y nos aparta de nuestro Salvador. Este es un himno de victoria y de seguridad, cantándolo frecuentemente nos llenamos de él y logramos interiorizar el mensaje musical que nos ofrece.


Oración: Señor, permite que cuando nuestra fe desmaye, sintamos tu presencia, que nos sostiene y levanta. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment