Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Wednesday, February 10 Ash Wednesday. Lent Begins ALLOW ME TO BE GOD IN YOUR LIFE 2 CORINTHIANS 12:8-9

Wednesday, February 10

Ash Wednesday. Lent Begins

ALLOW ME TO BE GOD IN YOUR LIFE
2 CORINTHIANS 12:8-9

“...so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”

2 Corinthians 12:9

The first years of my Christian life were filled with joy, until I became ill.  I knew that God could cure me, because in the blink of an eye He can do whatever He pleases.  But would He cure me?

During my illness God took me out of my comfort zone to tell me: “There are people around you who are going through the same thing as you, and you cannot help them unless circumstances change you.”

There was a time (and it shames me to say it) when I would have told those people who were undergoing similar situations:  “Don’t worry.  The Lord is with you.”  But through my experiences, God showed me that things are not that simple. The Lord had to say to me: “What is the matter?  I am with you.”

Afterwards I found myself in my room telling Him what He should do.  And He said to me: “I will do with you what I think is best for you.  I am God.  Allow me to be God in your life.”

I did not receive the physical health that I had sought, but I received the inner health that I needed.


Prayer:  Our God of goodness, allow us to always follow in your footsteps, trusting in your promise of eternal care.  Grant that your life-giving grace be with us during this season of Lent and always.  Amen.


Miércoles de Cenizas. Comienza Cuaresma

DEJAME SER DIOS EN TU VIDA
2 CORINTIOS 12:8-9

“...para que repose en mí el poder de Cristo”

2 Corintios 12:9

Los primeros años de mi vida cristiana estuvieron llenos de gozo, hasta que me enfermé. Sabía que Dios podía curarme, pues en un abrir y cerrar de ojos, Él puede hacer todo lo que quiere. Pero ¿iba a curarme?
En mi enfermedad Dios me sacó de mi confort para decirme: “Hay personas  alrededor que pasan lo mismo que tú, no puedes acompañarlas si permites que las circunstancias alteren tu gozo”
En  una época (me da vergüenza decirlo), hubiese dicho a las personas que estaban pasando por situaciones parecidas: “No se preocupe. El Señor está con usted.” Pero mediante mis experiencias, Dios me mostró que las cosas no son tan sencillas. El Señor tuvo que decirme: “¿Qué sucede? Yo estoy contigo
Después me veo en mi habitación diciéndole a Él lo que debía hacer. Y me dijo: “Haré contigo lo que creo que es mejor para ti. Yo soy Dios. Déjame ser Dios en tu vida”
No obtuve la sanidad física que buscaba, pero recibí  la sanidad interior que necesitaba.

Oración: Nuestro buen Dios, permítenos siempre seguir tus pasos, confiando en tu promesa eterna de cuidados. Que tu gracia vivificadora esté con nosotros en esta Cuaresma y siempre. Amén.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment