Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday, May 17 BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT 2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

Wednesday, May 17
                                                          BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT
                                                               2 Thessalonians 3:1-5

                                                         For we live by faith, not by sight. 
2 Corinthians 5:7

I care for my mother who is 86 years old and blind. With time she has learned to trust me completely, sure of my love and attention. Conscious of her limitations, she follows me with full confidence. Occasionally she steadies herself with my arm and follows me according to my instructions. At times I cover my eyes to try to understand how my mother feels. Without sight, her daily tasks become extremely difficult. Doing anything requires patience, concentration and determination.

Spiritually we can follow God in the same way that my mother follows me, guided by the Word of God, the Bible, which is full of promises and examples of a love that God has already shown us.

When we believe that a God of love and care walks at our side, our need to see and know everything that surrounds us will not be necessary. Although we may not know what obstacles lie ahead, we can feel sure that our God loves us, is faithful and will always be with us.

Prayer: God, help me to trust in you and follow you, even if the way ahead is uncertain and threatening. Amen.

Translation by John Walter

                                                                 POR FE, NO POR VISTA
                                                               2 TESALONISENSES 3:1-5

                                                            Porque por fe andamos, no por vista
2 Corintios 5:7

Cuido de mi madre que tiene 86 años y está ciega. Con el tiempo ella ha aprendido a confiar en mí completamente, segura de mi amor y mi cuidado. Consciente de sus limitaciones, me sigue llena de confianza. En ocasiones se apoya de mi brazo y me sigue según mis instrucciones.

A veces me cubro los ojos para tratar de entender cómo se siente mi mamá. Sin vista, sus tareas cotidianas se hacen extremadamente difíciles. El hacer cada cosa requiere paciencia, concentración y determinación.

Espiritualmente, podemos seguir a Dios de la misma manera que mamá me sigue, guiados por la Palabra de Dios: la Biblia, que está llena de promesas y ejemplos de un amor que Dios ya nos ha mostrado. Cuando confiamos que un Dios de amor y cuidado camina a nuestro lado, el tener que ver y conocer todo lo que nos rodea no será necesario. Aunque no podamos saber qué obstáculos estén por delante, podemos sentirnos seguros de que nuestro Dios nos ama, es fiel y siempre estará con nosotros.



Oración: Dios, ayúdame a confiar en ti y a seguirte, aun si el camino por delante es incierto y amenazante. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment