Friday, March 15, 2024

FRIDAY, MARCH 15

LET US TRUST IN GOD

Psalm 33:21-22

In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name.  (NIV)

Psalm 33:21

As in every Cuban family, immigration has been very difficult in these times, leaving us with sadness, pain and desolation.

I have also gone through this cruel reality, and sometimes I have wanted to lie down in a corner and never get up again. I tell you that it is not easy to say goodbye to a loved one without shedding a single tear. The heart is oppressed and sometimes it hurts.

I had sleepless nights due to this situation. The thoughts were negative. I always glanced at the image of my grandson, and the pain of his mother without consolation. When I couldn’t do it anymore, I got out of bed and started tossing around the room.

While in that drama, I discovered a small card. It had writing on the back that said, “Do not get frustrated, do not pray as if rushing me, as if you wanted to force me to carry out the plans. Instead, close the eyes of your soul, and with peace tell me: “Jesus, I trust you.” That was  soothing for my insomnia. Thank my Lord!   

 

Prayer: I need to always trust you, now and always. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

MARZO 15, VIERNES

CONFIEMOS EN DIOS.

Salmo 33:21-22

Por tanto en él se alegrará nuestro corazón porque en su santo nombre hemos confiado.

Salmo 33:21

Como en toda familia cubana la inmigración ha sido en estos tiempos muy difícil, dejándonos tristeza dolor y desolación.

Yo también he pasado por esta cruel realidad y a veces he deseado echarme en un rincón y no volver a levantarme. Les digo que no es fácil despedir a un ser querido sin derramar una sola lágrima, el corazón se oprime y en ocasiones duele.

Debido a esta situación tuve noches sin dormir, los pensamientos eran negativos, siempre vela la imagen de mi nieto y el dolor de su madre sin consuelo. Cuando ya no podla más me levanté de la cama y comencé a dar vueltas en el cuarto para lograr dormir.

Estando en ese drama descubrl una pequeña tarjeta, tenla un escrito por detrás que decla: ‘No te frustres, no ores como apresurándome, como si quisieras forzarme a realizar los planes, en lugar de eso, cierra los ojos de tu alma y con paz dime: ‘Jesús yo confío en ti’ Ese fue el calmante para mi insomnio. ¡Gracias Señor!

 

Oración: Necesito confiar siempre en ti, ahora y siempre. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment