Sunday, March 3, 2024

SUNDAY, MARCH 3

GIVE ME SOMETHING TO DRINK

John 4: 5-42

“If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”

John 4: 10 (NRSV)

You don’t know how much I long to meet you, to hear your voice that calms all my storms and makes me forget the mistakes of the past. You don’t know how much I want the jugs that until now have been heavy burdens to lighten because you ease my burden. You don’t know how much I need you and the water you offer to me and with which I will never thirst.

You don’t know how much I need you to listen to me. Don’t let them whisper behind my back or leave me without attention for simply being a woman. I want my flaws to just be something about me and not define who I am. I want my hands to do your will. May they serve the Master that He has made me a part of. I want you to always overflow in my cup to be certain that your spring of life will always be by my side.

Always give me something to drink; may your water be my strength and hope.

 

Prayer: Lord, may your water of life purify my soul and always quench my thirst. May I always want more of you, more of your presence in my life.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

MARZO 3, DOMINGO

DAME DE BEBER

Juan 4: 5-42

“Si conocieras el don de Dios, y quién es el que te dice: Dame de beber; tú le pedirías, y él te daría agua viva.”

Juan 4: 10

No sabes cuánto anhelo encontrarme contigo, escuchar tu voz que calma todas mis tormentas y me hace olvidar los errores del pasado. No sabes cuánto deseo que los cántaros que hasta ahora se me hacen pesados se vuelvan ligeros porque tú alivias mi carga. No sabes hasta qué punto necesito de ti. Del agua que me ofreces y con la cual no volveré a tener sed.

No sabes cuánto necesito de tu escucha. Que no susurren a mis espaldas o me dejen sin atención por simplemente ser mujer. Quiero que mis defectos solo sean algo de mí y no que me definan como lo que soy. Quiero que mis manos hagan tu voluntad. Que sirvan al Maestro que me ha hecho parte Él.

Dame siempre de beber, que tu agua sea mi fuerza y esperanza. Quiero que siempre reboces en mi copa para tener la certeza de que tu manantial de vida estará siempre a mi lado.

 

Oración: Señor, que tu agua de vida purifique mi alma y sacie siempre mi sed. Que siempre quiera más de ti, más de tú presencia en mi vida. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment