Monday, June 26, 2017

Monday, June 26 127th Anniversary of the IPRC MAY I HELP YOU? Psalm121

Monday, June 26
127th Anniversary of the IPRC

MAY I HELP YOU?
PSALM 121

Jesus said: “Apart from me you can do nothing.”(NIV)
John 15:5

May I help you? It’s a question we hear all the time. Usually we reply: “No, thanks. I can do it by myself.” We don’t think we need anybody’s help because we believe ourselves to be self-sufficient.

I work as a construction engineer. My work consists of coordinating construction projects and ensuring that they finish on schedule. Sometimes the time allotted for a project is very short, and there is too much to do to finish it by the deadline. In those cases, I know that Jesus gives me the ability to coordinate my work efficiently. I need his help every day, and I accept it without question.
May I help you? When Jesus asks me this question I always answer with a resounding “yes.” I need his help, not only in my work but in every aspect of my life. We can’t do anything correctly without Jesus’ help.

Similarly, when we talk about the church’s work we must recognize that it is important to have everyone’s help to build up the community. We may be able to do many things alone, but with Jesus’ help and together with our sisters and brothers the work will be excellent.

Prayer: Lord, give us the help that we need all the time, as you promised. We need your help every day of our lives. Also enable us to work together, cooperating with one another, as you taught us. Amen.

Translation by George Meek

Aniversario 127 de la IPRC

¿PUEDO AYUDARTE?
SALMO 121

Jesús dijo: Separados de mí nada podéis hacer
Juan 15:5

¿Puedo ayudarte? Es una pregunta que oímos constantemente. La mayoría de las veces respondemos: “No gracias. Puedo solo”. Pensamos que no necesitamos la ayuda de nadie porque nos creemos autosuficientes.

Trabajo como ingeniero de la construcción. Mi trabajo consiste en coordinar los proyectos de construcción y asegurarme que se terminen a tiempo. En algunos casos el tiempo asignado para un proyecto es muy corto y hay demasiado que hacer para completarlo en la fecha asignada. En esas ocasiones sé que Jesús me capacita para coordinar mi trabajo eficientemente. Cada día necesito de su ayuda y la acepto sin reparos.

¿Te puedo ayudar? Cuando Jesús me hace esa pregunta siempre le respondo con un Sí rotundo. Necesito su ayuda, no sólo en mi trabajo sino en todos los aspectos de mi vida. No podemos hacer nada correctamente sin la ayuda de Jesús.

Asimismo, cuando pensamos en el trabajo de la Iglesia, debemos reconocer que es importante contar con la ayuda de todas y todos para la edificación de la comunidad. Es posible que solos, podamos hacer muchas cosas, pero ayudados por Jesús y junto a nuestras hermanas y hermanos, toda obra será maravillosa.

Oración: Señor, danos la ayuda que necesitamos momento a momento, como lo prometiste. Necesitamos de tu ayuda cada día de nuestra vida. Permite que podamos además trabajar en comunidad, colaborando unos con otros, así como nos enseñaste. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment