Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thursday, June 22 WITH OUR EYES ON THE GOAL Philippians 3:12-14

Thursday, June 22
WITH OUR EYES ON THE GOAL
Philippians 3:12-14

Paul wrote: “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”(NIV)

Philippians 3:13-14

I like to run.  A sportsperson who is now retired advised me that a runner should not be distracted looking downward or to the side because it affects his concentration. Instead, he should maintain his concentration on the goal he intends to reach.

I run as a hobby, and I was never bothered by distractions when I went out running. Now when I go out running and I realize that I am distracted, I remember my friend’s advice and I lift my eyes towards the goal.

The same thing happens in the race of life and in our relationship with God.  We become distracted at times by looking up or down and we lose sight of the goal.

It is also important to remember that it is necessary to prepare oneself for the race.  Athletes must train their bodies for running.  We should prepare ourselves also by reading the Bible, with a time of prayer and by being in communion with our brothers and sisters in the faith and with our God.  

Brothers and sisters, if we look to our sides, let’s not let it be out of competition with the other runners, nor out of distraction, but instead to offer our hands and together to focus on the goal.  God encourages us to attain it, because it is the abundant life that Christ promises.

Prayer: Holy Spirit, sustain us in our faith journeys.  Help us to remember that our destination is fullness of life in Christ Jesus. Amen.  

Translation by Elisa Menocal

CON LOS OJOS EN LA META
FILIPENSES 3:12-14

Pablo escribió: olvidando ciertamente lo que queda atrás,
y extendiéndome a lo que está delante, prosigo a la meta,
al premio del supremo llamamiento de Dios en Cristo Jesús.

Filipenses 3:13-14

Me gusta correr. Un deportista ya retirado me aconsejó que el corredor no debe distraerse mirando hacia abajo o a los lados pues afecta su concentración. Más bien debe mantener su concentración en la meta a la que piensa llegar.
Yo corro por afición, y nunca me preocuparon las distracciones al salir a correr. Ahora cuando corro y me doy cuenta que me distraigo, recuerdo los comentarios de mi amigo y levanto la vista hacia la meta.
Lo mismo sucede en nuestra carrera de la vida y en nuestra relación con Dios. A veces nos distraemos mirando hacia arriba o hacia abajo, y quitamos los ojos de la meta.
Es importante además recordar que es necesario prepararse para la carrera. Los deportistas deben entrenar su cuerpo para correr. Nosotros debemos prepararnos también con la lectura de la Biblia, un tiempo para la oración y la comunión con nuestros hermanos y hermanos en la fe y con nuestro Dios.
Hermanos y hermanas, si miramos a nuestro lado que no sea para competir con los corredores a nuestro lado, ni para distraernos, sino para tender nuestras manos y juntos enfocarnos en la meta. Dios nos alienta a lograrla, pues es la vida abundante que Cristo promete.

Oración: Espíritu Santo, susténtanos en el camino de la fe. Ayúdanos a recordar que nuestro destino es la plenitud de vida en Cristo Jesús. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment