Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Tuesday, June 27 THERE IS NOTHING CERTAIN IN LIFE James 4:13-15

Tuesday, June 27
THERE IS NOTHING CERTAIN IN LIFE
JAMES 4:13-15

You do not even know what will happen tomorrow. (NIV)


James 4:14

I have seen many friends and relatives die. However, the recent death of one of my neighbors upset me a great deal. When thinking about the reason for my anxiety, I understood that God was speaking to me through the death of this neighbor. I tried to listen to him.

I began to see that I did not appreciate my life as a gift from God. Since I enjoy good health, I presumed that I would have many years of life to accomplish my plans and dreams. If I were to die suddenly, I would leave many things pending.

Turning over my plans and dreams to Jesus, I felt at peace. I also realized that I needed to make changes in my plans and dreams, as well as in my priorities.

Now, instead of leaving some activities for later, thinking I will have time for them, I work diligently to fulfill my dreams. This way my life has become more productive.


Prayer: O Father, help us to appreciate the gift of life that you give us. We want to live every day in the light of your Word and be aware of your mercy and compassion. Grant us this if it be your will. Amen.

Translation by George Meek 


EN LA VIDA NO HAY NADA SEGURO
SANTIAGO 4:13-15

No sabéis lo que será mañana.


Santiago 4:14

He visto morir a varis amigos y familiares. Sin embargo, el fallecimiento de uno de mis vecinos recientemente me inquietó muchísimo. Al pensar en la causa de mi ansiedad, comprendí que Dios me estaba hablando por medio de la muerte de este vecino. Traté de escucharle.

Comencé a ver que yo no apreciaba mi vida como un regalo de Dios. Como gozo de buena salud, asumía que tendría muchos años de vida para lograr mis planes y mis sueños. Si me muriera repentinamente, dejaría muchos asuntos pendientes.

Al entregarle a Jesús mis planes y sueños, sentí paz. Me di cuenta también que necesitaba hacer cambios en mis planes y sueños, así como en prioridades.

Ahora en vez de dejar para más tarde algunas actividades pensando que tengo el tiempo para hacerlas, trabajo diligentemente para cumplir mis sueños. De esta manera mi vida se ha vuelto más productiva.



Oración: Oh Padre, ayúdanos a valorar el don de la vida que nos das. Queremos vivir cada día a la luz de tu palabra y ser conscientes de tu misericordia. Concédenos esto según tu voluntad. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment