Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday, April 3 OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD LUKE 12:22-32

Monday, April 3
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD
LUKE 12:22-32

But for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, to tell of all your works.
Psalm 73:28
I was always the one who was calling my daughter on the telephone, and we could hardly talk. She was always in a hurry; she told me she would call, but she didn’t. I waited.
One day the phone rang. It was her. I soon discovered the reason for her call: she needed money. I agreed to send it to her and sadly hung up the phone. She called because she needed me, not because she wanted to talk with me. I knew that was only going to happen again when she had some other need.
Later, I thought that perhaps our Lord feels the same way when we pray only because we need to ask him for something, not because we want to maintain a relationship with Him. Maybe God feels sad but responds to our prayers because he loves us, although he knows we will pray again only when we need something else.
God wants to have a close relationship with us. Don’t toss away the opportunity to experience that friendship through intense, deep and holy communication.

Prayer: Merciful God, help us to seek a sincere relationship with you instead of speaking to you only when we need to ask for something.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Translated by John Potter

NUESTRA RELACIÓN CON DIOS
LUCAS 12:22-32

Yo me acercaré a Dios, pues para mí eso es lo mejor.
Tú, Señor y Dios, eres mi refugio, y he de proclamar
todo lo que has hecho.
Salmo 73:28

Era siempre yo la que llamaba a mi hija  por teléfono y casi nunca podíamos hablar. Siempre estaba apurada, me decía que después me llamaba y no lo hacía. Yo esperaba.
Un día sonó el teléfono. Era ella. Pronto descubrí el motivo de su llamada: necesitaba dinero. Acepté enviárselo y colgué el teléfono con tristeza. Ella me llamó porque me necesitaba, no porque quisiera hablar conmigo. Sabía que eso solo iba  a volver a ocurrir cuando ella tuviera otra necesidad.
Después pensé que tal vez nuestro Señor siente algo similar cuando oramos únicamente porque tenemos necesidad de pedirle algo, no porque queremos tener una relación con Él. Quizás Dios sienta tristeza, pero responde a nuestras plegarias porque nos ama, aunque sabe que volveremos a orar cuando necesitemos algo más.
Dios desea tener una relación estrecha con nosotros. No deseche la oportunidad de vivir esa amistad con Dios, a través de una comunicación intensa, profunda y sagrada.


Oración: Dios de misericordia, ayúdanos a buscar una relación sincera contigo y no únicamente dirigirnos a ti cuando necesitemos pedirte algo. Por Jesús. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment