Sunday, July 2, 2017

Sunday, July 2 GOD SEES OUR HEART Ecclesiastes 2:20-26

Sunday, July 2
GOD SEES OUR HEART
ECCLESIASTES 2:20-26

For to the one who pleases him God gives wisdom and knowledge and joy

Ecclesiastes 2:26a (NRSV)

At 15 years of age I dropped out of school and got married. I devoted my whole life to raising my daughters and tending my home. I never tried to better myself intellectually. Until I gave my life to the Lord 47 years later, I never read a book. Today I can say with pride that my first complete reading was the book of books, the Word of God, the Bible.

It is now twelve years that I have been a member of his Church and in it I have served as a teacher in the Sunday School, prayer leader of the elderly and of a prayer group in my home for nine years. All of this is thanks to our God who makes me remember each day the text that I offer to you for meditation today. He calls us and empowers us to serve him regardless of our level of culture.

I also want to thank Su Voz, this devotional, which has allowed me to take my personal experiences to so many brothers and sisters throughout our country by publishing my meditations and urging people to listen to God’s call to serve him.

Prayer: Loving Father, I thank you that you are not a respecter of persons, but see only the heart which is willing to serve. Amen.

Translation by John Potter


DIOS VE NUESTRO CORAZÓN
ECLESIASTÉS 2:20-26

porque al hombre que le agrada,
Dios le da sabiduría, ciencia y gozo...

Eclesiastés 2: 26a.

A los 15 años de edad abandoné mis estudios y me casé. Dediqué toda mi vida a criar a mis hijas y atender mi hogar. Nunca más traté de superarme intelectualmente.

Hasta los 47 años que entregué mi vida al Señor, jamás me leí un libro. Hoy puedo decir con orgullo que mi primera lectura completa fue en el libro de libros, La Palabra de Dios. La Biblia.

Hace diez años ya que soy miembro de su iglesia y en ella he servido como maestra de la Escuela Dominical, líder de oración de la tercera edad y de una célula en mi hogar por nueve años. Todo esto gracias a nuestro Dios que me hace recordar cada día el texto que les propongo para meditar hoy. Él nos llama y capacita para servirle sin importar nuestro nivel cultural.

Quiero agradecer también a “Su Voz”, esta revista, que me ha permitido llevar mis vivencias personales a tantos hermanos y hermanas a lo largo de nuestro país, publicando algunas meditaciones y exhortándoles a escuchar el llamado de Dios a servirle.

Oración: Gracias Padre amoroso, que no haces acepción de personas, solo miras el corazón que está dispuesto a servir. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment