Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Tuesday, July 4 Celebration Mission Church of CANIP HE SUPPORTS ME IN HIS ARMS Deuteronomy 1:19-33

Tuesday, July 4
Celebration Mission Church of CANIP
HE SUPPORTS ME IN HIS ARMS
DEUTERONOMY 1:19-33

. . . the LORD your God carried you, just as one carries a child,
all the way that you traveled until you reached this place.


Deuteronomy 1:31b (NRSV)

My father was very loving. I remember how on cold nights he would wrap me in his warm arms. The warmth of his thin arms which surrounded me and made me feel secure and happy, convinced me that nothing would happen to me. In today’s passage, Moses makes the same comparison when he says: as a father takes his child in his arms.

What a powerful image! So, who can doubt? Who can be afraid if God continues to support his people during all their journey and who sustains you as you walk and makes you feel the warmth of his embrace? To think that God surrounds me with all his love, with all his care, with all his warmth, allows me to feel his love for me and helps me in all the challenges I face.

In my adult life, I have had to travel some difficult journeys, but I have always felt God’s arms, arms long and thin like those of my father, which have made me feel that I am not alone, that he always supports and accompanies me.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for holding me in your arms, for making me feel that the harshness of the journey doesn’t matter. You always make it easier for me.  Amen.

Translation by John Potter


Celebración de la Iglesia Dependiente del CANIP
EL ME SOSTIENE EN SUS BRAZOS
DEUTERONOMIO 1:19-33

El Señor su Dios los ha tomado en sus brazos durante todo el camino que han recorrido hasta llegar a este lugar,
como un padre toma en sus brazos a su hijo.

Deuteronomio 1:31b

Mi padre era muy cariñoso. Aún recuerdo en las noches frías como me envolvía con sus brazos cálidos. El calor del abrazo de mi padre, sus brazos flacos que me envolvían y me hacían sentir segura y feliz, me hacía convencerme de que nada me podía pasar.

En el versículo de hoy, Moisés hace la misma comparación cuando dice: como un padre toma en sus brazos a su hijo.

¡Qué imagen tan poderosa! Entonces ¿Cómo dudar? ¿Cómo tener miedo si Dios también sigue sosteniendo a su pueblo durante todo su andar, y te sostiene a ti que ya has andado y te cuesta sentir ese abrazo acogedor? Pensar que Dios me abraza con todo su amor, con todo su cuidado, con todo su calor, permitiéndome sentir su amor por mí, me ayuda en los desafíos que se me presentan.

En mi vida adulta he tenido que recorrer caminos difíciles, pero siempre he sentido los brazos de Dios, brazos flacos y largos como los de mi padre, que me han hecho sentir que no estoy sola, que siempre me sostiene y me acompaña.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por sostenerme en tus brazos, por hacerme sentir que no importa la dureza del camino. Tú siempre me lo vas a hacer más liviano. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment