Thursday, March 25, 2021

 

March 25, Thursday

Anniversary of “Edward A. Odell” Church (Camajuaní)

PEACE FOR MY MIND

Isaiah 38:17

Those with sound thoughts you will keep in peace, in peace because they trust in you.

Isaiah 26:3 (CEB)

            Tonight, I can not sleep.  I only turn over in the bed. The decisions that I need to make interrupt my dreams.  I am worried about many things.  So, I throw off the covers and get up.  I go to the living room, turn on the light and open the Bible; and I also open my heart to hear what God is going to say. 

            It seems as if there is no peace in this world.  On all sides, including around me, I see sin and pain.  Is it possible to free oneself from these things that overwhelm us? I want to do the will of the Father, but at times I do not make it.  Then I listen to the voice of God that whispers to me:  I give you my peace, son.  Listen to my voice while I comfort your soul.  Rest in me.  I will care for you. Do not worry, for I am the King.  

            The text of Isaiah is clear in its affirmation, the God of peace is in control of giving perfect peace, that which neither the world or anything else can give—a peace that guards our minds and thoughts in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:7)

 

Prayer: Touch my mind, Lord, touch my heart.  Thank you for giving me your peace.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Marzo 25,  jueves

Aniversario de la Iglesia “Edward A. Odell” (Camajuaní)

PAZ PARA MI MENTE

Isaias 38:17

Al de carácter firme lo guardarás en perfecta paz, porque en ti confíía

Isaías 26:3

            Esta noche no puedo dormir. Solo doy vueltas en la cama. Las decisiones que debo tomar interrumpen mi sueño. Me preocupan muchas cosas. Así que aparto la sábana y me levanto. Voy a la sala, enciendo la luz y abro la Biblia; y también abro mi corazón para escuchar lo que Dios me va a decir.

            Pareciera que no hay paz en este mundo. Por todas partes, incluso a mi alrededor, veo pecado y dolor. ¿Es posible liberarse de estas cosas que nos abruman? Quiero hacer la voluntad del Padre, pero a veces no lo logro.  Entonces escucho la voz de Dios que me susurra: Te doy mi paz, hijo. Escucha mi voz mientras consuelo tu alma. Descansa en mí. Yo te cuido. No te preocupes que yo soy el Rey.

            El pasaje de Isaías es preciso en su afirmación, el Dios de la paz se encarga de entregar una paz perfecta, esa que no nos puede dar ni el mundo ni nada más, una paz que guarda nuestras mentes y pensamientos en Cristo Jesúús (Fil 4:7).

 

Oración: Toca mi mente Señor, toca mi corazón. Gracias por darme tu paz. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment