Sunday, August 8, 2021

 Sunday, August 8

YOU, THE POTTER, I THE CLAY

Romans 9:21

“Can I not do with you, Israel, as the potter does? Declares the Lord. “Like clay in the hands of the potter, so are you in my hands.”  (NIV)

Jeremiah 18:6

            In the Sunday school class we set about to make some craft projects with the children. We use clay for this purpose.

            At first the clay is cold, and their fingers had problems shaping it. I encouraged them to keep working it to warm it up. In a short while the children were shaping their creations in the desired way.

            At the end of the day I reflected upon my Potter. At times, when God works in me, my attitude is cold, hardened, and indomitable. Nevertheless, he never gives up on me. He gently keeps my heart warm until I surrender to his loving touch.

            There were periods when I thought I was in charge, until God turned my life around in reverse and to the right and showed me he was the Potter. Although sometimes I feel bruised and broken by disappointments and sadness, the Lord rebuilds me into a beautiful new vessel.  

 

Prayer: I give honor and glory to you, Lord, because I am the clay. You have a plan for me. I adore you and surrender to you, my Potter, when you mold me according to your will. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

Agosto 8,  domingo

TU EL ALFARERO, YO EL BARRO SOY

Romanos 9:21

Pueblo de Israel, ¿Acaso no puedo hacer con ustedes lo mismo que hace este alfarero con el barro? Afirma el Señor. Ustedes, pueblo de Israel, son en mis manos como el barro en las manos del alfarero

Jeremías 18:6

            En la  clase de la Escuela Dominical nos dispusimos a realizar algunas manualidades con los niños. Para eso utilizamos la arcilla.

            Al principio la arcilla estaba fríía y sus dedos tenían problemas para conseguir que cediera. Los animé  a que siguieran trabajando para calentarla. Al poco rato los niñños presionaban con éxito sus creaciones en la forma deseada.

            Al final del día reflexionéé sobre mi Alfarero. Algunas veces cuando Dios trabaja conmigo, mi actitud es fría, dura e indomable. Sin embargo, Él nunca se da por vencido conmigo. Gentilmente mantiene tibio mi corazón hasta que yo me rinda a su toque de amor.

            Hubo épocas  en que pensaba que yo estaba a cargo, hasta que Dios dio vuelta a mi vida al revés y al derecho, y me mostró que Él era el Alfarero. Aunque a menudo me siento molida y quebrada por las desilusiones y las tristezas, el Señor me reconstruye en una nueva y hermosa vasija.

 

Oración: Doy honor y Gloria a ti, Señor, porque soy la arcilla. Túú tienes un plan para mí. Te adoro y me rindo a ti, mi Alfarero, cuando me moldeas a tu voluntad. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment