Saturday, June 26, 2021

 June 26, Saturday

Presbyterianism Day in Cuba

GOD CARES FOR YOU

Mark 4:35-41

But Jesus was in the rear of the boat, sleeping on a pillow. They woke him up and said, “Teacher, don’t you care that we’re drowning”?

Mk. 4:38 (CEB)

            Reading the story of Jesus sleeping in the boat during a storm, the words of the disciples surprised me:  “Teacher!  Doesn’t it matter to you that we are drowning?”  It seemed to me an absurd comment. Jesus was with them–of course he was concerned about them.  Later I was overwhelmed remembering all of the times when I had been worried about situations in the past.  I remembered having felt the pain which came from an unanswered prayer.  Also, I have exclaimed, full of fear:  “Don’t you care?”  At other times, full of anger, I have questioned God.  Am I certain that God hears me?  Does God care if we are in financial problems?  Having done everything possible to restore a relationship:  Does God care about reconciliation?  I had prayed for restoration of sight for a friend.  Does God care?  

            This story gave me a new perspective. In these times when I have prayed for security, God has been with me.  God has been concerned and has listened from the beginning.  The love and faithfulness of God has been at my side during the storms of my life.  God cares for us!

            The story of our Presbyterian Church is also trustworthy evidence of this concern God has for his people.  Even in the midst of these difficult circumstances that we are traversing, we continue trusting in God, God cares about us.

           

Prayer: Loving Lord, thank you for your protection, care, and faithfulness during the storms of our lives.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Junio 26, sábado

Día del Presbiterianismo en Cuba

DIOS SE INTERESA

Marcos 4:35-41

Lo despertaron y le dijeron: ¡Maestro! ¿No te importa que nos estemos hundiendo?

Mr. 4:38

 

            Al leer la historia de Jesús durmiendo en la barca durante una tormenta, me sorprendieron las palabras de los discípulos: ¡Maestro! ¿No te importa que nos estemos hundiendo? Me pareció un comentario absurdo. Jesús estaba con ellos, ¡claro que le interesaban! Luego me sobrecogí al recordar todas las ocasiones en las que había estado preocupada por situaciones pasadas. Recordé haber sentido el dolor por lo que creí ser una oración no contestada. También había exclamado llena de miedo: ¿No te intereso? En otras ocasiones, llena de ira, había cuestionado a Dios, ¿Sería cierto que Dios me escuchaba? ¿Le interesaba a Dios si estábamos en problemas financieros? Había hecho todo lo posible por restaurar una relación; ¿le interesaba a Dios una reconciliación? Había orado por la recuperación de la vista de una amiga. ¿Le interesaba a Dios?

 

            La historia me dio una nueva perspectiva. En esas ocasiones en las que había orado por seguridad, Dios había estado conmigo. Dios había estado interesado y me había escuchado desde la primera vez. El amor y la fidelidad de Dios habían estado a mi lado durante las tormentas de mi vida. ¡A Dios le interesamos!

 

            La historia de nuestra Iglesia Presbiteriana es también prueba fidedigna de ese interés de Dios por su pueblo. Aún en medio de estas circunstancias tan adversas que atravesamos, sigamos confiando en Dios, él se interesa.

 

Oración: Amoroso Señor, gracias por tu protección, cuidado y fidelidad durante las tormentas de nuestra vida. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment