Friday, June 25, 2021

 

June 25, Friday

THE PRAYER OF JABEZ

1 CHRONICLES 4:9-10

Jabez called on Israel’s God: “if only you would greatly bless me and increase my territory.  May your power go with me to keep me from trouble, so as not to cause me pain.”  And God granted his request.

1 Chron. 4:10 (CEB)

            Osteoporosis has made my sister’s bones as brittle as porcelain. There is nothing she can do to prevent fractures.  She was in bed with her ankle in a cast when I began to read First Chronicles.  I was getting tired of reading all the names when I got to the prayer of Jabez.  He was a noble person, and his prayer was simple.

            I identified my sister’s suffering with that of Jabez.  His mother called him Jabez because she said: in truth I have given birth with pain (1 Chron. 4:9).  Jabez realized that growth, security, and protection from evil are blessings of God.  He presented his petitions to God, and God responded.

            Jabez has become my prayer partner.  Every day I think about my sister, remember the prayer of Jabez, and I say:  May your hand be with my sister and may she be free from bad things, so that they will not hurt her.  Then, in faith, I leave my needs and those of others in God’s hands. 

 

Prayer: O God, may your hand be with us.  Permit us to remember that all gifts proceed from your grace.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Junio 25,  viernes

LA ORACIÓN DE JABES.

1 Crónicas 4:9-10

Invocó Jabes al Dios de Israel diciendo: Te ruego que me des tu bendición, que ensanches mi territorio, que tu mano esté conmigo y que me libres del mal, para que no me dañe.

Y le otorgó Dios lo que pidió.

1 Cr. 4:10

 

            La osteoporosis ha hecho que los huesos de mi hermana estén tan quebradizos como la porcelana. No se puede hacer nada para prevenir las fracturas. Ella estaba en cama con un tobillo enyesado cuando comencé a leer 1ra de Crónicas. Me estaba cansando de leer tantos nombres cuando llegué a la oración de Jabes. Él fue una persona noble, y su oración fue simple.

 

            Identifiqué el sufrimiento de mi hermana con Jabes. Su madre lo llamó Jabes porque dijo ella: en verdad lo he dado a luz con dolor (1ra Cró¢nicas 4:9) Jabes se dio cuenta de que el crecimiento, la seguridad y la protección del mal son bendiciones de Dios. El presentó sus peticiones a Dios, y Dios le respondió.

 

            Jabes ha llegado a ser mi compañero de oración. Cada día pienso en mi hermana y recuerdo la oracion de Jabes y digo: Que tu mano esté con mi hermana y que la libre del mal, para que no la dañe. Entonces, en fe, deposito mis necesidades y las de otros en manos de Dios.

 

Oración: Oh Dios, que tu mano esté con nosotros. Permítenos recordar que todos los dones proceden de tu gracia. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment