Friday, March 12, 2021

 

Friday, March 12

Anniversary of the church in Iguará

HOW DOES SALVATION FEEL?

Psalm 62: 1-7

Truly, he is my rock and my salvation. He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. (NIV)

Psalm 62: 6

            Were you at some time saved, or perhaps you saved someone from danger? When I was young I went alone into deep waters with my snorkel in Varadero, and I didn’t adjust it properly. The danger came when trying to reach for a starfish, and on the fourth attempt I swallowed water instead of air. I felt the beginning of death, but God helped me to regain strength and saved me.

            I once heard it said: “to save someone is like a spiritual birth that involves vicissitudes, misunderstandings, biblical knowledge, a lot of love, and accompaniment to transfuse into the mind if it is divine will, that transforming blood of Christ that makes us born again.” False paradigms abound in a materialized, consumerist world, infecting millions of people. May we, when we feel saved by God for abundant and full life, be ready to vaccinate and immunize others.

 

Prayer: Our Father, eternal thanks for salvation through your Son, our Redeemer. May we be able to share that joy with others as a free gift that you concede to us when we praise you with actions of service towards others. In your name we implore. Amen.

 

Translation by John Walter

 

 

Marzo 12,  viernes

Aniversario de la Iglesia en Iguará

COMO SE SIENTE LA SALVACION

Salmo 62: 1-7

El solamente es mi roca y salvación. Es mi refugio, no resbalaré

Salmo 62: 6

            ¿Alguna vez ha sido salvado/a, o salvó a alguien de un peligro? Cuando era joven fui solo a aguas profundas con mi snorkel en Varadero, y no lo ajusté lo debido, se me corrió al tratar de alcanzar una estrella de mar y en el cuarto intento trague agua en vez de aire, sentí el principio de la muerte pero Dios me ayudó a sacar fuerzas  y me salvó.

            Escuché en una ocasión decir: “salvar a alguien es como un parto espiritual que conlleva vicisitudes, incomprensiones, conocimiento bíblico, mucho amor, y acompañamiento para transfundir en la mente, si es la voluntad divina, la sangre transformadora de Cristo que nos hace nacer de nuevo”. En un mundo materializado, consumista, los paradigmas falsos sobran, infectando a millones de personas. Hagamos que al sentirnos salvados por Dios para vida abundante y plena, estemos listos para vacunar e inmunizar a otros.

 

Oración: Padre Nuestro, gracias eternas por la salvación a través de tu Hijo, nuestro redentor. Que ese gozo lo podamos compartir con otros como un regalo gratuito que nos concedes, cuando te adoramos en acciones de servicio hacia los demás. En Su nombre te lo imploramos. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment