Friday, March 26, 2021

 

March 26, Frisday

MOTIVATED BY COMPASSION

Philippians 2:3-4

Instead of each person watching out for their own good, watch out for what is better for others.

Philippians 2:4 (CEB)

            There are multiple people in our church who have a mental or physical disability.

            As a pastor, my day is normally filled up with tasks.  It doesn’t matter how much I try to advance the day before, I am always in a hurry. 

            Often in this time of hurry, these church members stop me and begin to converse with me.  There I see the presence of God. Although the lack of time frustrates me, I feel that God speaks to me through those who detain me and I am worried about the sincere needs of those who are going through difficult times, trying to understand and looking for a solution to different situations.

            In some way, the Lord helps me to back up and see these people as unique in God’s eyes.  This is the way Jesus worked–he stopped in front of the one who needed him.  It was not important how urgent other situations were that demanded his presence. 

            Let us remember that, even so, these persons also have much to offer. 

 

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for those who are disabled in some way.  Thank you for love and dedication to each one.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

Marzo 26,  viernes

MOTIVO DE COMPASION

Filipenses 2:3-4

Cada uno debe velar no sólo por sus propios intereses sino también por los intereses de los demás

Filipenses 2:4

            Hay varias personas en nuestra iglesia que tienen incapacidad mental o física.

            Como pastor, mi día está normalmente abarrotado de tareas. No importa cuánto trate de adelantar el día antes, siempre estoy presionado.

            Muchas veces en ese momento, ellos me detienen y se ponen a conversar conmigo. Ahí veo la presencia de Dios. Aunque la falta de tiempo me frustra, siento que Dios me habla para que me detenga y me preocupe de verdad de las necesidades de aquellos que pasan por un momento difícil, tratando de entender y buscando solución a diferentes situaciones.

            De algún modo, el Señor me ayuda a retroceder y ver a estas personas únicas delante de sus ojos. Así obraba Jesús, se detenía ante quien le necesitaba, no importaba cuán urgente otras situaciones le demandaban su presencia.

            Recordemos que, además, estas personas también tienen mucho que ofrecer.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor por ellos. Gracias por el amor y la dedicación de cada uno. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment