Wednesday, March 31, 2021

 

March 31,  Wednesday

Anniversary of the Guanabacoa Church

I LONG TO KNOW GOD BETTER

Jeremiah 31:34

Let’s know, let’s press on to know the Lord…

Hosea 6:3a(CEB)

            When my husband arrived home yesterday from work, I could see that it had been a good day for him.  He walked rapidly toward me with his shoulders straight and a big smile. After being married to him for more than 40 years, I know that very well.  He knows me also, even at times better than I do. 

            In the same way I know my children and my nieces and nephews.  A particular posture or grin, a lowering of the head, or a dragging of a foot gives me a clue that something is going wrong. More than anything, I look at the expression in their eyes.

I want to know God in this way.  I want to listen to God’s whisper, see things through God’s eyes.  Even though bit by bit I have come to know God, for example, that there are things that I do that make God sad.  In this area, I feel there are still a lot of paths to travel with God. But the Lord does know me completely, and this comforts me and gives me security in my life. We have a God who knows us.

 

Prayer: Lord, allow me to know you better.  Thank you for pardoning me and helping me to change.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Marzo 31,  miércoles

Aniversario de la Iglesia de Guanabacoa

ANHELO CONOCER MÁS A DIOS

Jeremias 31:34

Conozcamos al Señor…

Oseas 6:3

            Cuando mi esposo llegó ayer del trabajo, pude darme cuenta de que había sido un buen día para él. Caminó rápidamente hacia mí con sus hombros derechos y una gran sonrisa. Lo conozco muy bien después de haber estado casada con él por más de cuarenta años. Él me conoce también a mí, incluso a veces mejor que yo misma.

            De la misma manera conozco a mis hijos y mis nietos. Cierta postura o mueca, inclinación de la cabeza, o un arrastre de pie, me dan una pista de que algo anda mal. Más que todo, veo la expresión de sus ojos.

            Yo quiero conocer a Dios de esa forma. Quiero escuchar su susurro, ver las cosas a través de sus ojos. Aunque poco a poco he ido conociendo, por ejemplo, que hay cosas que hago que lo entristecen, siento que me queda mucho camino por recorrer en este sentido. Pero el Señor sí me conoce a mí completamente, y eso reconforta y da seguridad en la vida. Tenemos un Dios que nos conoce.

 

Oración: Señor, permíteme conocerte mejor. Gracias por perdonarme y ayudarme a cambiar. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment