Monday, March 22, 2021

 

Monday, March 22

THE LORD IS MY STRONGHOLD

Luke 6:48

and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ.

1 Corinthians 10:4 (NRSV)

            I remember a picture that hung on the wall of my grandmother’s house when I was a girl. That silent message prepared me for the future tempests of my life. It was made in 1920. It showed a beautiful woman clinging to a rock as giant waves beat the landscape. The tide was hurling huge waves that shook the woman, but they could never sink her. She was protected in a crack in the rock. Her face showed complete confidence when she looked in the direction of heaven.

            I asked my grandmother what the photo represented. She explained that it demonstrated that God was the rock, and when we trust God, God will be our stronghold, our intercessor during the tempests of life.

            When the terrible storms come into my life, I often remember my grandmother’s room. It gives me the strength to keep my self bound to the Lord. No matter what I’m facing, God always protects me with his powerful hands. No matter what devastations turn up, God boldly hides me in the cleft of the rock.

 

Prayer: Lord, than you for protecting me from evil and danger. Thank you for being my stronghold, my rock, and my salvation. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

Marzo 22,  lunes

EL SEÑOR ES MI BALUART

LUCAS 6:48

Y tomaron la misma bebida espiritual, pues bebían de la roca espiritual que los acompañaba, y la roca era Cristo

1 Corintios 10:4

            Recuerdo una pintura que colgaba de la pared de la casa de mi abuela cuando yo era niña. Ese silencioso mensaje me preparó para las futuras tormentas de mi vida. Había sido hecha en 1920. Se veía en ella una hermosa mujer que se aferraba a una roca mientras gigantes olas azotaban el paisaje. La marea lanzaba enormes olas que sacudían a la mujer, pero nunca la pudieron hundir. Estaba protegida en la grieta de la roca. Su rostro mostraba completa confianza cuando ella miraba en dirección al cielo.

            Pregunté a mi abuela qué representaba la foto. Me explicó que mostraba que Dios era la roca, y que cuando confiamos en Él, Él sería nuestro baluarte, nuestro intercesor durante las tormentas de la vida.

            Cuando las terribles tormentas vienen a mi vida, a menudo recuerdo el cuadro de la abuela. Eso me da el valor para mantenerme agarrada al Señor. Sin importar lo que enfrente, Él siempre me protege con sus poderosas manos. No importa cuán devastadoras lleguen a ser las cosas, Él valientemente me esconde en la hendidura de la roca.

 

Oración: Gracias Señor, por protegerme del mal y del daño. Gracias por ser mi baluarte, mi roca y mi salvación. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment