Saturday, March 27, 2021

 

March 27, Saturday

FAITHFUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS

Romans 12:5

If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part gets the glory, all the parts celebrate with it.

1 Corinthians 12:26 (CEB)

            While I stood at the front of my congregation, I was told that my mother was ill.  I had to leave the province to be able to be with her. Nevertheless, I had numerous tasks to attend to at the church before leaving. 

            Then multiple brothers and sisters came by me and offered to help me.  They took charge of everything. I was able to arrive in time to be with my mother.  She died a few hours after I arrived.  Thanks to those brothers and sisters, I could be with her in her final minutes.

            Upon returning to the church some days later, I realized that my tasks had been faithfully completed.  And not only this, they had a group praying for our family.  I am grateful for the way they showed me their love and helped me during the following days.  I always was the strong one.  This time they insisted that it was their turn.  When I was weak and filled with pain, they understood. 

            I give thanks for the incredibly dedicated members in our family of God.

 

Prayer: Bless these beloved and faithful brothers and sisters, Lord.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Marzo 27, sábado

HERMANOS FIELES

Romanos 12:5

Si uno de los miembros sufre, los demás comparten su sufrimiento; y si uno de ellos recibe honor, los demás se alegran con él.

1 Corintios 12:26

            Mientras servía en mi Iglesia al frente de la misma, me avisaron de la enfermedad de mi madre. Tenía que salir de la provincia para poder estar con ella. Sin embargo, había numerosas tareas que atender en la Iglesia antes de salir.

            Entonces varios hermanos y hermanas se me acercaron y se ofrecieron a ayudarme. Se hicieron cargo de todo. Pude llegar a tiempo para estar con mi madre. Ella murió unas horas después de yo llegar. Gracias a esos hermanos pude estar con ella en sus últimos minutos.

            Al regresar a la Iglesia unos días después, me di cuenta de que mis tareas habían sido cumplidas fielmente. Y no sólo eso, tenían un grupo orando por nuestra familia. Estoy agradecida por cómo ellos me mostraron su amor y me apoyaron durante los días siguientes. Yo siempre era la fuerte. Esta vez insistieron en que era su turno. Cuando estuve decaída y llena de dolor, ellos comprendieron.

            Gracias por los miembros increíblemente dedicados en nuestra familia de Dios.

 

Oración: Bendice a estos amados y fieles hermanos, Señor. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment