Sunday, March 28, 2021

 

March 28, Sunday

GENTLE HANDS

Philippians 2:14-16

Do everything without grumbling and arguing…

Philippians 2:14(CEB)

            Every muscle in my body hurt this evening when I arrived home after work.  I had been standing for almost the whole day.  I had a great deal of pain in my feet. 

            As I arrived home, my oldest son met me.  I went into the house, fell on the sofa next to him and took off my shoes.  Without my realizing it, my son took my feet and began to massage them.              I quickly took them away.  They were dirty and sweaty.  But he continued rubbing my feet with his big, gentle hands, talking and listening to how my day had been.  I thanked him for this act of love that he showed me. 

            When the Lord confronts me with disagreeable situations and asks for my help, I remember this scene.  I breathe deeply and I see how God gave me hands and feet to serve and to help.

            With these acts of service, the Lord reminds me that I too must love and comfort. 

 

Prayer: Lord, just as you place people in my path to help me, let me serve as a help to those who need me, although it may be doing something unenjoyable.  Amen. 

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Marzo 28,  domingo

MANOS TIERNAS

Filipenses 2:14-16

Háganlo todo sin quejas ni contiendas…

Filipenses 2:14

            Me dolía cada músculo de mi cuerpo esa noche cuando llegué a casa del trabajo. Había estado parada casi todo el día. Sentía mucho dolor en mis pies.

            Al llegar a casa, me recibió mi hijo mayor. Entré, me dejé caer sobre el sofá junto a él y me quité los zapatos. Sin que me diera cuenta, mi hijo tomó mis pies y comenzó a masajearlos.

            De un impulso los aparté. Estaban sucios y sudorosos. Pero él los siguió frotando con sus manos grandes y tiernas, conversando y escuchando como había ido mi día. Le agradecí por este acto de amor que me demostró.

            Cuando el Señor me enfrenta a situaciones desagradables y me pide ayuda, recuerdo esta escena. Respiro hondo y veo cómo me dio manos y pies para servir y ayudar.

            Con estos actos de servicio, el Señor me recuerda que yo también debo amar y consolar.

 

Oración: Señor, permite que al igual que tú colocas personas en mi camino para ayudarme, sirva yo de ayuda para quienes me necesitan, aunque sea algo no muy grato de hacer. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment