Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 

Tuesday, March 23

THE GREAT PHYSICIAN

Luke 9:11

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

Psalm 30:2 (NRSV)

            An illness struck me during the night. It was followed by emergency surgery. Now I suffer constant pain. The doctors said it would be better in a couple of days, but it didn’t happen. I’m constantly bedeviled by questions like, “Am I ever going to be better?” Am I gong to die?

            Now I approach the Great Physician. I know that he can heal me far more than the ability of any human doctor. I can feel the comforting balm of his hands working on my aching body. My muscles begin to relax as I concentrate on Him. When I am disheartened, I take confidence from his healing and in that God is in control of the circumstances. I take pleasure in his presence while I recuperate. I feel the healing of my wounds.

 

Prayer: Lord, I want you to place your healing hands on my body. Help me to rest as much as possible. You know me completely. Thank you for engraving on my mind, “I will get well.” You urge me to trust you.  I give you every fiber of my being. Amen.

 

Translation by John Potter

 

 

Marzo 23,  martes

EL GRAN MEDICO

Lucas 9:11

Señor mi Dios, te pedí ayuda y me sanaste

Salmo 30:2

            Una enfermedad me golpeó durante la noche. Le siguió una cirugía de urgencia. Ahora sufro dolor constante. Los doctores dijeron que iba a estar bien en un par de días, pero no fue así. Constantemente me invadían preguntas tales como: ¿Alguna vez me pondré bien? ¿Moriré?

            Ahora me acerco al Gran Médico. Sé que puede sanarme más allá de la capacidad de cualquier médico humano. Puedo sentir el reconfortante bálsamo de sus manos que trabajan sobre mi cuerpo doliente. Mis músculos empiezan a relajarse mientras me concentro en Él. Cuando me desanimo, confío en su sanidad, y en que Él está en control de las circunstancias. Disfruto en su presencia mientras me recupero. Experimento la sanidad de mis heridas.

 

Oración: Señor, te pido que pongas tus manos sanadoras sobre mi cuerpo. Ayúdame a descansar tanto como sea posible. Tú me conoces por completo. Gracias por grabar en mi mente la frase: “Me pondré bien”. Tú me instas a confiar en ti. Te doy cada fibra de mi ser. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment