Monday, March 29, 2021

 

March 29, Monday

CHOOSE LIFE

Matthew 19:17

I came so that they could have life—indeed, so that they could live life to the fullest.

John 10:10b (CEB)

            When I was in fifth grade I remember having the most difficult experience of growing up.  My feet were so big.  I was the tallest student in the entire school. I felt clumsy and not very sharp mentally. I did not have good grades, and I was developing a bad attitude toward almost everything.      Thanks to a teacher who noted this problem, I was able to rise above it.  She was the tallest one in the school.  One day she waited for me at the end of classes and she had a deep conversation with me.  She told me that I was very beautiful in the eyes of God, but she reminded me that a bad attitude eliminates any good appearance.  She left it very clear to me that I was the one who could make the choice. There could be no excuses.  She told me that she was sure that I was going to do the right thing and that I would have a positive life.   

            Now I see the hand of God in this.  This lesson of choosing a better life reminds me of my Lord and God, who tells me that it is never too late to repent of the bad and choose the good, a change which I choose for my life. 

 

Prayer: Thank you Jesus, for being my Savior and helping me to choose the right path.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

Marzo 29,  lunes

ESCOGE LA VIDA

Mateo 19:17

Jesús dijo: Yo he venido para que tengan vida, y la tengan en abundancia

Juan 10:10

            Cuando estaba en quinto grado recuerdo tener la experiencia más difícil mientras crecía. Mis pies eran demasiado grandes. Era la más alta de toda la escuela. Me sentía torpe y no muy lista de mente. No tenía buenas notas, y estaba desarrollando una mala actitud respecto a casi todo.

            Gracias a una profesora que notó ese problema, pude salir adelante. Ella era la más alta de toda la escuela. Un día me esperó al terminar las clases y tuvo una fuerte conversación conmigo. Me dijo que yo era muy hermosa a la vista de Dios, pero me recordó que una mala actitud elimina cualquier buena apariencia. Me dejó bien claro que era yo quien debía hacer la elección. No había excusas. Me dijo que estaba segura de que yo iba a hacer lo bueno y que tendría una vida positiva.

            Ahora veo la mano de Dios en esto. Esa lección de escoger una vida mejor me recuerda a mi Señor y Dios, que me dice que nunca es tarde para arrepentirme de lo malo, y escoger lo bueno, un cambio en el cual yo escojo la vida.

 

Oración: Gracias Jesús, por ser mi Salvador y ayudarme a escoger el camino correcto. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment