Friday, December 19, 2014

Friday, December 19 EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOU JOHN 15:26-27

Friday, December 19
EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON YOU

JOHN 15:26-27
“When the Counselor comes…he will testify about me.
John 15:26

I made a watercolor painting one day of a seascape with some seagulls circling over the deeply blue ocean.  The seagulls that I painted were not as beautiful as God made them, and I don’t know why I cannot capture the brilliance or the movement of the real waves.  But I attempted it.

We Christians try to live as Christ lived. At times the brushstrokes of our lives are not as precise as they should be, our hands are not as generous as his, our words are not as wise, our voice is not as soft, but we make an attempt.

When God looks at the life that I am trying to live for Christ, He sees faults, stains and errors; but I know that beyond my limitations, He sees my motives and that beyond my weakness, He sees my heart and its impulses.

Will the picture that I am painting today with my life be a good witness to my faith in Christ?

Prayer: Help us, Lord, to be good witnesses with our lives.  Give us new inspiration during this Advent so that we can show others all the colors of your gospel.  Amen.




TODO DEPENDE DE TI

JUAN 15:26-27
“pero cuando venga el Consolador…
él dará testimonio acerca de mí
Juan 15:26

Un día pinté con acuarelas un paisaje marino con unas gaviotas revoloteando sobre el océano profundamente azul. Las gaviotas que pinté no eran tan bellas como Dios las hizo, y no sé  por qué no pude captar el brillo ni el movimiento de las olas verdaderas. Pero lo intenté.
Los cristianos procuramos vivir como Cristo vivió. A veces las pinceladas  de nuestra vida no son tan precisas como debieran serlo, nuestras manos  no son tan  bondadosas como las suyas, nuestras palabras no son tan sabias, nuestra voz no es tan dulce, pero lo intentamos.
Cuando Dios  mira la vida que estoy procurando vivir por Cristo ve faltas, manchas y errores; pero yo sé que más allá de mis limitaciones, Él ve mis motivos y que más allá de mi debilidad, ve mi corazón y sus impulsos.
¿Dará  buen testimonio de mi fe en Cristo el cuadro que yo pintee hoy con mi vida?

Oración: Ayúdanos Señor, a dar buen testimonio con nuestras vidas. Danos nuevas inspiraciones en este adviento para que podamos mostrar a otras personas todo el color de tu evangelio. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment