Saturday, March 8, 2014

Saturday, March 8th International Day of the Woman “TAKE FIVE, MOM” MATTHEW 6:25-34

Saturday, March 8th   
International Day of the Woman
“TAKE FIVE, MOM”
MATTHEW 6:25-34

“Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”
Matthew 6:27

All of us are familiar with the phrase “take five,” meaning to take a few minutes to renew one’s strength. My son said that to me on a day when I was rushing around trying to fix dinner and we bumped into one another in the kitchen.  I honestly didn't have a moment to spare, it was the end of the day and for all the work I’d gotten done, I was already worried about the things which still needed to be done. The 24 hours in the day created by God were not enough for me.  That night the phrase kept coming back into my head: “Mom, take five.” I realized then that I really did need to “take five”.  What with all my chores I had neglected my daily prayer time with the Lord.  Acknowledging that I needed that personal communion with my Father, that night my prayer of repentance included a resolution: to commit at least 5 minutes of each day’s 1,440 minutes to prayer.

And this is what I began to do every day through spiritual necessity and without even realizing it, those 5 minutes became much longer. Today even when my life is filled with activity, I can say that “lack of time” is not a problem for me. I know how to discern my priorities and I take a time of quiet and prayer with God…a time that renews and fortifies me each day.

Prayer: Lord, we pray for those women who bear the weight of an entire household.  Amen.















 Día Internacional de la Mujer
“MAMI, TÓMATE UN CINCO”
MATEO  6:25-34
“En todo caso, por mucho que uno se preocupe,
¿cómo podrá prolongar su vida ni siquiera una hora?”
Mateo 6:27
Todos conocemos la frase “tomen un cinco”, pausa necesaria para renovar las fuerzas. Así me dijo mi hijo un día en que, apurada por “adelantar la comida”, tropecé con él en la cocina. Realmente el tiempo no me alcanzaba para nada, terminaba el día y por mucho que hubiera trabajado, ya estaba preocupada por las cosas pendientes a realizar. El día de 24 horas creado por Dios, para mí no era suficiente. Esa noche la frase venía a mi mente una y otra vez: “mami, tómate un cinco”.  Entonces me percaté de que yo realmente necesitaba “un cinco”. Entre tantas tareas había descuidado mi oración diaria al Señor. Reconociendo que la comunión personal con mi Padre me faltaba, oré esa noche arrepentida y me hice el propósito de que de los 1440 minutos que tiene un día, yo iba a orar al menos 5. Así lo hice diariamente por necesidad espiritual y sin darme cuenta los 5 minutos se convirtieron en muchos. Hoy aún cuando mi vida sigue llena de actividades, puedo decir que la “falta de tiempo” no me vence. Sé discernir mis prioridades y me tomo un tiempo de quietud y de oración con Dios. Un tiempo que me renueva y me fortalece cada día.


Oración: Te pedimos Señor, por las mujeres que tienen sobre sí el peso del hogar. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment