Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday, March 12 Anniversary of the Church Iguará FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE MATTHEW 7:7-12

Wednesday, March 12 
Anniversary of the Church Iguará

FOLLOW THE GOLDEN RULE

MATTHEW 7:7-12

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.”
Romans 12: 3
I learned the “Golden Rule” at a very young age and it has never ceased to challenge me. We must have it not only constantly in mind, but also in our actions!
And yet we are more likely to find ourselves practicing the “Law of the Funnel,” which works always to our benefit at the expense of others. Selfishness can blind us on many occasions and we forget the fundamentals by which we are called Christians.
But then we have the Golden Rule to indicate the correct path for us to take each day with our actions. Is it difficult to follow?  For sure, but it is not impossible. We should always attempt it, no matter whether we achieve it today, tomorrow or begin anew by telling ourselves: if I could find something positive in all those who surround me, then I could live happily and grow in their company. If I could change the way I act in front of others, I would make them happier and they would be my friends.  If I could accept others as they are, I would suffer less and better understand God’s plan. If I could always seek the welfare of others, I wouldn’t feel the loneliness that I suffer at times.

Prayer: Lord, I place myself in your hands, seeking your guidance in order to do to others as I would have them do with me. Amen.

Aniversario de la Iglesia en Iguará

SEGUIR LA REGLA

MATEO  7:7-12
Digo, pues, por la gracia que me es dada, a cada cual
que está entre vosotros, que no tenga más alto concepto
de sí que el que debe tener”
Romanos  12: 3
Desde muy pequeña aprendí la “Regla de Oro” y nunca ha dejado de desafiarme. ¡Es tan necesario no tenerla en la memoria solamente,  sino en nuestras acciones!
Sin embargo es más común encontrarnos con la “ley del embudo”, que siempre nos beneficia en perjuicio de otros. Sucede que el egoísmo en muchas ocasiones nos  ciega y nos olvidamos de cuáles son los fundamentos por los cuales nos hacemos llamar cristianos.
Pero ahí está la Regla de oro cada día marcando el camino correcto de nuestras acciones ¿Difícil? Es cierto,  pero no imposible. Intentémoslo siempre,  no importa que no lo logremos hoy, mañana comencemos de nuevo diciéndonos esto: si yo encontrase lo positivo en todos los que nos rodean podría vivir feliz y crecería en su compañía. Si yo cambiara mi manera de actuar ante los demás los haría felices y muchos serían mis amigos. Si aceptase a todos como son, sufriría menos y comprendería mejor el plan de Dios. Si yo buscara siempre el bienestar de los demás no sentiría la soledad que a veces me angustia.


Oración: Señor, me pongo en tus manos buscando tu guía para hacer con los demás según quisiera que fueran conmigo. Amén.

No comments:

Post a Comment