Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday, November 27 THE CHRISTIAN WHO SUFFERS DEPRESSION Psalm 119:49-56

Friday, November 27
THE CHRISTIAN WHO SUFFERS DEPRESSION
Psalm 119:49-56

“If your law had not been my delight
I would have perished in my misery.”

Psalm 119:92

I know now that I am predisposed to depression. I am not always depressed, but I tend to be so, and therefore I should follow a treatment. I form part of a great multitude of depressed people. When I speak of this many people feel thankful to hear something of what I experience because they too have to confront the same problem.

I became conscious of the good that it does me to contently turn to the word of God. The negative thoughts that predominate in the black hole of depression can be combated with divine truth. My best defense is to always place myself in the context of Scripture and let God speak to me.

I learned not to take literally what my feelings tell me. Clearly it is necessary to be conscious of our feelings and to be alert, but those are variable and often depend on our physical state and our circumstances.

Personally I felt condemned, loveless, and rejected, but this feeling does not correspond to the truth. God’s relationship with me – in my best and worst moments – is very solid. The Lord remembers me without ceasing; He is always with me.

Prayer:  My refuge and my strength, I confidently place my daily worries before you.

Translated by John Walter


EL CRISTIANO QUE SUFRE DEPRESION
Salmo 119:49-56

“Si en tu ley no hallara mi regocijo,
la aflicción ya habría acabado conmigo”

Salmo 119:92

Ahora sé que estoy predispuesta a la depresión. No siempre estoy deprimida, pero tiendo a estarlo, por ello debo seguir un tratamiento. Formo parte de la gran multitud de gente deprimida. Cuando hablo de esto, mucha gente se siente agradecida de oír algo de lo que experimento, porque ellos tienen que enfrentarse al mismo problema.

Tomé conciencia del bien que me hace acudir contentamente a la palabra de Dios. Los pensamientos negativos que predominan en el agujero negro de la depresión pueden ser combatidos con la verdad divina. Mi mejor defensa es colocarme siempre en el contexto de la Escritura y dejar que Dios me hable.

Aprendí a no tomar al pie de la letra lo que mis sentimientos me dicen; claro, es necesario estar conscientes de nuestros sentimientos y estar atentos. Pero estos son variables y a menudo dependen de nuestro estado físico y de nuestras circunstancias.

Personalmente me he sentido condenada, poco amada y rechazada, pero este sentimiento no se corresponde con la realidad. La relación de Dios conmigo —en mis peores y buenos momentos— es muy sólida. El Señor me recuerda sin cesar que siempre está conmigo.


Oración: Refugio y fortaleza mía, te presento confiadamente mis preocupaciones cotidianas.


No comments:

Post a Comment