Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday, February 23 AT ALL TIMES Deuteronomy 6:1-9


Friday, February 23

AT ALL TIMES
DEUTERONOMY 6:1-9
These words that I am commanding you today must always be on your minds.
 Recite them to your children.  Talk about them when you are sitting around your house and when you are out and about, when you are lying down and when you are getting up.  
Deuteronomy 6:6-7 CEB

Ever since I was little, my mother always recited a Bible verse to me when I went to bed. In peace I will lay down and in the same way I will sleep, because you, my good Lord, enable me to sleep with confidence.  (Psalm 4:8) This verse has gone with me for all my life.  In moments when I have been exhausted after a day of work, on those nights when I have slept happy because of something that happened, on those other nights when it was hard to fall asleep, what I did was repeat this Bible verse that my mother had taught me.

For those of us who have had the bliss to have grown up in believers’ homes, we know how important it was that our parents sowed the Word.  I remember the story of a friend who had to face a very difficult illness. Despite being born in a Christian home, she confessed to me that she no longer believed in God.  Nevertheless, upon leaving one of her many operations, she asked her mother to recite Psalm 23.  Her mother took her in her hand, and just like when she was a girl, recited the Psalm.  I remember that I got emotional listening to this story from the mouth of her mother.  We need to make time to sow the Word in our children, the biological ones and any other sons and daughters God has put in our path.  Let us talk to them as the verse says, at all times, because we will be sowing experiences for their entire lives.

Prayer:  Lord, we proclaim today that our hearts believe in you.  Help us to provide an authentic testimony of your love in all times and places.  Amen.

Translation by Deborah McEachran


EN TODO TIEMPO
DEUTERONOMIO 6:1-9

Graba en tu corazón estas palabras que yo te dicto hoy. Incúlcalas a tus hijos y háblales de ellas cuando estés en tu casa y cuando vayas de viaje, al acostarte y al levantarte.
Deuteronomio 6:6-7

De pequeña mi mamá siempre me repetía un versículo bíblico cuando me iba a acostar: En paz me acostaré y así mismo dormiré, porque tú, mi buen Señor, me harás dormir confiado. (Salmo 4:8). Esto me acompañó a lo largo de mi vida. En momentos en que caía rendida después de un día de trabajo, aquellas noches en que me acostaba feliz por algo que me había ocurrido, aquellas otras en las que me resultaba muy difícil conciliar el sueño, lo que hacía al acostarme era repetir este versículo bíblico que mi mamá me enseñó.

Para los que tuvimos la dicha de haber crecido en hogares creyentes, sabemos lo importante que fue lo sembrado por nuestros padres. Recuerdo la anécdota de una amiga que tuvo que enfrentar una enfermedad muy difícil y a pesar de haber nacido en un hogar cristiano, me confesó que no creía más en Dios. Sin embargo, al salir de una de sus tantas operaciones, le pidió a su mamá que le recitara el Salmo 23. Su madre la tomó de la mano y, como cuando era chica, le recitó el Salmo. Recuerdo que me emocioné escuchando este relato de la boca de su mamá. Tomémonos tiempo para sembrar en nuestros hijos, los biológicos y aquellos otros hijos e hijas que Dios puso en nuestro camino. Hablémosles, como dice el versículo, en todo tiempo, porque estaremos sembrando vivencias para sus vidas.

Oración: Señor, proclamamos hoy que nuestros corazones creen en ti. Ayúdanos a brindar un testimonio auténtico de tu amor en todo tiempo y lugar. Amén. 






No comments:

Post a Comment