Monday, February 12, 2018

Monday, February 12 EVERY DAWN IS A DAY THAT IS BORN Joshua 1:1-9


Monday, February 12

EVERY DAWN IS A DAY THAT IS BORN
JosHUA 1:1-9

Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged,
for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  (NIV)
Joshua 1:9

What is perseverance? Constancy, persistence, firmness, patience, and much more. When one desires something from the heart one needs to strive and have the surety that God is attentive to our desires, it’s only a matter of effort and firmness before life’s challenges.

On one occasion there was a meeting of the younger children of the church, and I remember as though it were today: we had to carve what we wanted to be in the future on the branches of a tree. I wrote journalist, lawyer, and pastor.  I carved this last, pastor, although it was very distant in my expectations, because I felt it in my heart, and because the commitment and work of the pastors inspired me every day. Therefore, I decided to throw myself into it and let the dreams fly.

Time passed, and I began to have responsibilities in some areas of the church, and one Sunday, while listening to the pastor’s sermon, I reaffirmed what I had put as my ultimate aspiration during that meeting. I ask God that he accompany me in discerning my vocation to pastoral ministry, and that to me, as well as other people in this process, God gives us the certainty that he is always with us.

Prayer:  God, giver of life that accompanies and gives new strength, give us the steadfastness, courage, and valor before life’s challenges. May we fully trust in your word. Amen.

Translation by John Walter




Cada amanecer es un día que nace
Josué 1:1-9

Esfuérzate y se valiente, no temas ni desmayes
porque yo estaré contigo donde quiera que vayas
Josué 1:9

¿Qué es la perseverancia? Constancia, persistencia, firmeza, paciencia, y muchos más. Cuando se desea algo de corazón, hay que tener empeño y seguridad que Dios está atento a nuestros deseos, solo es cuestión de esfuerzo y firmeza ante los retos de la vida.

En una ocasión se realizó un encuentro con los jóvenes menores de la iglesia y recuerdo como si fuese hoy, que había que escribir en las ramas de un árbol lo que nos gustaría ser en el futuro. Yo escribí periodista, abogada y pastora. Esta última, aunque era muy lejana a mis expectativas, la puse porque lo sentía en mi corazón, y porque el empeño y la labor de las pastoras y pastores, me inspiraban cada día, por eso decidí lanzarme y echar a volar los sueños.

Pasado un tiempo, comencé a tener responsabilidades en algunas áreas de la iglesia y un domingo, escuchando el sermón del pastor, reafirmé lo que en aquel encuentro había puesto en mi última aspiración. Pido a Dios que me acompañe a discernir mi vocación al ministerio pastoral, y que a mí al igual que a otras personas en este proceso, Dios nos de la seguridad que está con nosotros siempre. 

Oración: Dios, dador de vida que acompaña y da nuevas fuerzas, danos firmeza, coraje y valentía antes los desafíos de la vida. Permítenos confiar plenamente en tu palabra.  Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment