Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday, February 5 Anniversary of The Redeemer Church (Versalles) IN OUR FAMILIES Luke15:11-32

Monday, February 5
Anniversary of The Redeemer Church (Versalles)

IN OUR FAMILIES
LUKE 15:11-32

On what do you base this confidence of yours? (NRSV)

Isaiah 36:4b

Sometimes we waste valuable time looking elsewhere for those things which we have near or within ourselves. We look elsewhere for people who value us, love us, and understand us, but within the core of our home, there are people as near as our relatives.
           
If there is something that I value, love, and for which I am infinitely grateful to God, it is for my family, especially my parents and my sister. Of all the gifts that God has given me, they are the most beautiful. They are my support in the times when the misfortunes of life have torn me apart or in those times when I felt that I was going mad.
           
For me those intimate conversations which I often have with my parents or my sister are very special: watching a movie together, going shopping, gathering to eat or to watch television. Every day that passes, I appreciate more each moment that I spend with them. It also causes me a lot of pain when I hurt them, often without meaning to do it, because sometimes when I am feeling vulnerable, my words loaded with anger are lacerating.
           
The family is very important. Whoever doesn’t spend time with those loved ones is an incomplete person. So, I issue a very special invitation to you to do something special for those people you love.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord, for the family, that source of protection and confidence that you have given us so that we can grow and mature as persons. I thank you that in its bosom I began to know you, the Father who never abandons me. Amen.

Translated by John Potter

Aniversario de la Iglesia “El Redentor” (Versalles)

EN  FAMILIA
LUCAS  15:11-32

¿En qué te apoyas que te sientes tan confiado?

Isaías 36:4b

A veces perdemos tiempo valioso de nuestras vidas buscando afuera las cosas que tenemos dentro o cerca de nosotros. Buscamos personas que nos valoren, nos amen y nos entiendan en el exterior, pero dentro del núcleo de nuestra casa, existen seres tan cercanos como nuestros familiares.

Si hay algo que valoro, amo y por lo que vivo infinitamente agradecido de Dios es por mi familia, sobre todo mis padres y mi hermana. Son el regalo más bello que Dios me ha dado. Mi sostén en momentos en que los golpes de la vida me han destrozado o en los cuales he querido enloquecer.

Es para mí muy especial esas conversaciones íntimas que a veces tengo con mis padres o mi hermana. Ver una película juntos, salir de compras, reunirnos para comer o ver la televisión.
Cada día que pasa aprecio más cada momento que paso con ellos. Me causa también mucho dolor cuando los hiero o lastimo muchas veces sin proponérmelo. Porque a veces las palabras cargadas de ira en momentos en que me siento vulnerable laceran. Pero la familia es algo muy importante. Quien no dedica tiempo a sus seres queridos es un ser incompleto. Y te hago una invitación muy especial a ti para que hagas algo especial por esa gente que amas.

Oración: Gracias Señor, por la familia, esa fuente de protección y confianza que tú nos has dado para poder crecer y madurar como personas. Gracias porque en su seno comencé a conocerte a ti, el Padre que nunca me abandonas. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment