Saturday, October 11, 2014

Saturday, October 11 HOW DID I MEET JESUS> JOHN 14:1-14


Saturday, October 11

HOW DID I MEET JESUS?

 

JOHN 14:1-14

 

“I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord.  They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart”.

Jeremiah 24:7

 

My parents taught me to love God and Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior as of the time that I was a little girl.  I had to go to Church whether I wanted to or not, as it was an obligation.  As I grew older I became more rebellious with that obligation.  My mother pressured me to attend Church until I was finally no longer a minor.  Once I was on my own, I went to Church only sporadically on one or another Sunday, only out of respect to God.

 

The years passed and then four years ago, now an elderly woman, I came to know the Church where I am now a regular attender and a member.  The most important thing that occurred is that I met the Lord again, I have grown spiritually, I have matured in my Christian faith and at times, I ask God in prayer:  Why did it take so long for me to find this Church where I now belong, not through obligation but with joy and commitment?  Why do I feel that I truly know Jesus Christ now, in my old age, and not before?

 

Even when I regret the lost time, I give thanks to God every day for this time in my life that has allowed me to draw near to Him, to love him and to follow him with all my heart.

 

 

PrayerToday we ask you, Father, to touch the hearts of those persons who have drawn away from you.  We give you thanks for the people who planted the seed of your gospel within us. Amen.

 

¿CÓMO CONOCÍ A JESÚS?

 

JUAN  14:1-14

 

“Les daré entendimiento para que reconozcan

que yo soy el Señor, y ellos serán mi pueblo

y yo seré su Dios, porque volverán a mí de todo corazón”.

Jeremías 24:7

 

Desde pequeña mis padres me enseñaron a amar a Dios y a Jesucristo como mi Señor y Salvador, tenía que ir a la Iglesia quisiera o no, pues era una obligación. A medida que iba creciendo fui más rebelde con esa obligación. Mi madre me presionaba con la asistencia a la Iglesia hasta que al fin me hice mayor de edad. Dueña de mis actos, frecuentaba la Iglesia esporádicamente algún que otro domingo, solamente por respeto a Dios.

Siguieron pasando los años, y hace cuatro, siendo ya una señora de la tercera edad, conocí la Iglesia donde me congrego actualmente y de la cual soy miembro. Lo más importante es que me reencontré con el Señor, he crecido espiritualmente, he madurado en mi fe cristiana y a veces, le pregunto a Dios en oración ¿Por qué conocí tan tarde esta Iglesia a la que asisto ahora no por obligación sino con gozo y devoción?, ¿Por qué siento que conocí realmente a Jesucristo ahora, en este tiempo de mi vejez y no antes?

Aún cuando lamento el tiempo perdido, doy gracias a Dios todos los días por este tiempo de vida que me ha permitido acercarme a Él, amarlo y seguirle con todo mi corazón.

 

Oración: Te pedimos Padre, que toques hoy el corazón de aquellas personas que  se alejan del ti. Te damos gracias por las personas que sembraron la semilla de tu evangelio en nosotras. Amén.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment