Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday, June 9 DON’T LET YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED PSALM 23

Friday, June 9
DON’T LET YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED
PSALM 23

 "Do not let your hearts be troubled.
 Believe in God, believe also in me.”(NRSV)

John 14:1

Before I had to undergo major surgery, my doctor warned me that the result of such an operation is not always a happy one.

I was so sick that it didn’t really matter to me. I told myself: “I am in God’s hands, come what may. If I am healed, it will be by God’s will, but if I die, I will be with God. I have nothing to fear.”  I repeated the 23rd Psalm, and I felt at peace. The operation was surprisingly happy and successful.

After that I have felt God’s love leading me more than ever. When we trust in God, any dramatic outcome in our life will be his will. Nothing undermines us more than illness or the loss of a loved one. Sometimes we want to change God’s designs in the midst of this crisis. Our time on earth is short and our earthly life is fragile. Let’s make use of each moment trusting in God and believing in his promises.

Prayer: Lord, we thank you that in the most serious problems as well as in the smallest contradictions of daily life, you give serenity to the anxious heart. Teach us how we can come to you to find strength and peace. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Translation by John Potter

NO SE TURBE NUESTRO CORAZÓN
SALMO 23

No se turbe vuestro corazón;
creéis en Dios, creed también en mí
Juan 14:1

Antes de que yo tuviera que someterme a una intervención de cirugía mayor, mi médico me previno que el resultado de una operación como esa no siempre era feliz.
Yo estaba tan enferma, que eso no me importaba mucho. Me dije a mí misma: “Estoy en las manos de Dios, pase lo que pase. Si me curo, será por la voluntad de Dios. Pero si muero estaré con Él. No tengo nada que temer” repetí el Salmo 23 y me sentí serena.
La operación fue sorprendentemente feliz y satisfactoria. Desde entonces he experimentado más que nunca el amor de Dios que me guía.
Cuando confiamos en Dios, cualquier desenlace que tenga el drama de nuestra vida será su voluntad.
Nada nos desestabiliza más que las enfermedades o la pérdida de un ser querido. A veces queremos cambiar los designios de Dios en medio de estas crisis. Nuestro paso por la tierra es breve y nuestra vida terrena es frágil, aprovechemos cada momento confiando en Dios y creyendo en sus promesas.


Oración: Señor, te damos gracias porque lo mismo en los más graves problemas que en las pequeñas contradicciones de la vida cotidiana, tú impartes serenidad al corazón angustiado. Enséñanos cómo podemos acudir a ti para hallar fortaleza y paz. Por Jesús. Amén. 

No comments:

Post a Comment