Monday, May 27, 2019

Monday, May 27 DO AS YOU PROMISED! MATTHEW 6


Monday, May 27
DO AS YOU PROMISED!
MATTHEW 6

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness,
and all these things will be given to you as well.
Matthew 6:33 (NIV)

“Pastor, I need to talk to you. I think I have a serious problem,” said Gerardo. “I pledged to give 20 pesos a month to the Church. I prayed to God and that was the amount the Lord called on me to give. But then I did not do it because I misspent the money. I told myself that I would pay it later. But that later never came. Now my girlfriend has fought with me and I lost my job just when I need it most. Do you think God is trying to tell me something?” God knew that Gerardo would need special strength to fulfill his pledge.

Where are your priorities? Are you like Gerardo? Maybe you make a promise to the Lord on Sunday, and forget it by Wednesday? When I think about this, I am talking about reviewing our list of priorities and bravely recognizing when we have put God and his Church in last place. At times like this we must listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit when it talks to us through the Word of God, or through the community. We should listen carefully because it is easy to lose sight of the most important priorities.

Prayer: Lord, make us ever mindful that through our dedicated daily service to your Church we can thank you more. Amen.


Translation by George Meek

¡CUMPLE LO PROMETIDO!
MATEO 6

Mas buscad primeramente el Reino de Dios y su justicia,
y todas estas cosas os serán añadidas
Mateo 6:33

“Pastor, necesito hablar con usted. Creo que tengo un problema serio”, dijo Gerardo. “Prometí dar veinte pesos mensuales a la Iglesia. En realidad oré a Dios y esa fue la cantidad que sentí que el Señor quería que diera. Pero después no he cumplido porque he malgastado el dinero. Me decía a mí mismo que pagaría mi promesa más tarde. Solo que ese más tarde nunca llegaba. Ahora mi novia se peleó conmigo y me quedé sin trabajo precisamente cuando más lo necesito. ¿Cree usted que Dios me está tratando de decir algo?” Dios sabía que Gerardo necesitaría fuerza especial para cumplir lo prometido.

¿Qué de tus prioridades? ¿Eres como Gerardo? ¿Tal vez haces una promesa al Señor el domingo, y el miércoles ya la has olvidado? Cuando llamo a la reflexión acerca de esto, no solo hablo del dinero que prometemos para la Obra de Dios a través de la iglesia, hablo de revisar nuestra lista de prioridades y reconocer valientemente cuando tenemos a Dios y a su Iglesia en el último lugar. En momentos como éste debemos escuchar la voz del Espíritu Santo cuando nos habla mediante la Palabra de Dios, o por medio de la comunidad. Afinemos nuestros oídos porque no es difícil perder de vista las prioridades más importantes.

Oración: Señor, haz que siempre tengamos presente que cumpliendo con tu Iglesia a través de nuestro servicio comprometido cada día te agradeceremos más. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment