Monday, April 28, 2014

MONDAY, APRIL 28 1 JOHN 5:1-12


MONDAY, APRIL 28
THE POWER OF FAITH
1 JOHN 5:1-12
“…for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”
1 John 5:4


Tribulation and sickness almost always produce great anxiety and a feeling of loneliness in us.  
I pray to God every day to remove my anxiety, doubt and fear.  The response is never long in coming, the Lord answers prayer.  He reassures us that He alone changes our hearts and minds.

One day I was convalescing in bed and I was entertaining myself by counting the cracks in the ceiling, a habit I’d formed, when suddenly I sensed something like a calm and gentle whisper saying to me: “Be still and know that I am God.”  “Do not be fearful, for I am with you.”In an instant all of my anxiety disappeared, and in full confidence I gave myself over to resting. Even though I had no idea what my future held, I knew that it was in God’s hands. The months passed by and I was finally able to recover my health.  Today I can tell you that I was not overcome by fear. His company was real at every moment.  How great is God’s Omnipotence!

Prayer: Lord, thank you for allowing us the experience to learn that, in you, loneliness and fear are turned into victory. We trust in you.  Amen.


EL PODER DE LA FE

1 JUAN 5:1-12

“Porque todo lo que es hijo de Dios vence al mundo.
Nuestra fe nos ha dado la victoria”
1 Juan 5:4
Las tribulaciones y enfermedades casi siempre producen en nosotros una gran ansiedad y un sentimiento de soledad. Todos los días pido a Dios que quite de mí la ansiedad, la duda y el temor. La respuesta nunca se hace esperar, el Señor contesta las oraciones. Nos da la seguridad de que sólo Él cambia nuestros corazones y mentes.

Un día me encontraba convaleciente en un lecho y me entretenía contando las cuarteaduras del techo, hábito que había formado, cuando repentinamente sentí como un silbido quieto y apacible que me decía: “Estad quietos y conoced que soy Dios” “No temas que yo estoy contigo”. Al instante desapareció toda mi ansiedad, y con fe plena me entregué al reposo. Aunque ignoraba lo que el porvenir me tenía reservado, el futuro estaba en las manos de Dios. Pasaron los meses y al fin logre recuperar la salud. Hoy puedo decirles que el temor no se apoderó de mí. Su compañía fue real en todo momento. ¡Cuán grande es la Omnipotencia de Dios!

Oración: Señor, gracias porque la experiencia nos dice que en ti la soledad y el temor se tornan en victoria. Confiamos en ti. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment