Saturday, September 20, 2014

Saturday, September 20 DIMINISHING AND INCREASING JOHN 3:22-30


Saturday, September 20

 

DIMINISHING AND INCREASIING

JOHN 3:22-30

“He must become greater; I must become less.”

John 3:30

Seated across from me on the train were a lady and a young girl. The mother began to talk about her daughter’s illness, and that they were going to the city to see the doctor.  The symptoms were obvious and following the bad habit of presuming ourselves all to be doctors, I ventured to express my diagnosis.  The week following my “mission” I ran into this same woman, but this time she was accompanied by five or six others who had come to “consult” with me because I was “clairvoyant” and had special powers.  It took great effort to convince her that I was only speaking from similar experiences known to me.  I realize now that I missed my chance to become the “miracle worker” of the area, since, according to those women, I had a “special gift.”

 

After this experience I was able to better understand why John the Baptist continually repeated:  “I am not the Christ”.  There are times when those around us glorify us, or want to exalt us to the same level as Christ, and we permit it, which is a sin.  It is a greater sin when we irresponsibly allow these situations to take place.

 

We are not the Christ; we are only his instruments in accordance with his will:  THINK ABOUT IT!

 

Prayer:  Lord, place within us a spirit of humility and obedience.  Allow us to flee from self-promotion.  Amen.

 

 

 

 MENGUAR Y CRECER

JUAN 3:22-30

“Es necesario que él crezca, pero que yo mengüe”

Juan 3:30

En el tren sentadas frente a mi viajaban una señora y una niña. La madre comenzó a hablar de la enfermedad de la hija; y que iba a la ciudad para ver al médico.

Los síntomas eran obvios y siguiendo la mala costumbre de pensar que todos somos médicos, me aventuré y expresé mi diagnóstico. La semana siguiente de regreso de la “misión” me encontré con la misma señora, pero esta vez acompañada de cinco o seis más que venían a “consultarse” conmigo porque yo era “vidente” y tenía un poder especial. Trabajo me costó convencerla de que yo sólo me había valido de experiencias similares que había conocido. Hoy me doy cuenta de que perdí la oportunidad de convertirme en el “milagrero” de la zona, pues según ellas, tenía una “gracia especial”.

Después de esta experiencia pude entender mejor a Juan el Bautista al repetir una y otra vez: “Yo no soy el Cristo”. A veces, los que nos rodean, nos ensalzan, o nos quieren elevar al nivel de Cristo y lo permitimos, lo cual es un pecado. El pecado es mayor cuando propiciamos irresponsablemente que estas situaciones se produzcan.

No somos el Cristo, solo sus instrumentos de acuerdo con su voluntad: ¡PIENSALO!

 

Oración: Señor, pon en nosotros un espíritu de humildad y obediencia. Permítenos huir del protagonismo. Amén.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment