Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday, July 31 LIVING A LIFE OF TRUST JOB 24:10-23

Sunday, July 31
LIVING A LIFE OF TRUST
JOB 24:10-23

God may let them rest in a feeling of security and confidence…
                                                       
  Job 24:23


We human beings tend to feel lonely and sad in times of trouble and illness; these almost always produce great anxiety and an increasing feeling of loneliness within us.

Every day, I ask the omnipotent God with all my heart to remove anxiety, doubt and fear from me. The answer is never long in coming:  the Lord answers prayers that place security and peace in us. He alone changes our hearts and minds.

One day I was lying in my sickbed thinking and suddenly I felt a quiet and gentle whisper; it was like God’s voice telling me:  Be silent and know that I am God. Do not fear, because I am with you. All my anxiety quickly disappeared and I was able to rest in total faith.  Although I had no idea what the future had in store for me, I knew that it was in God’s hands.  Months, and then years, passed, and I was able to regain my health and after this experience I never again felt fear taking hold over me.

His presence was real at every moment. I am sharing my testimony so that you can feel that same reassurance and trust today.

God’s relationship with us is that of a loving Father who constantly keeps an eye on his son or daughter, not in order to embarrass or punish them, but to guide them by correcting their ways and filling them with security and trust.

Prayer: Lord, enable us to be ever mindful of your voice and to follow where you lead us.  Amen.

Translated by Elisa Menocal

VIVIR CONFIADOS
JOB 24: 10-23

Dios les da seguridad y confianza
                                                       
  Job 24:23

Los seres humanos somos propensos a sentirnos solos y tristes en las tribulaciones y enfermedades; ellas casi siempre producen en nosotros una gran ansiedad y un creciente sentimiento de soledad.
Todos los días pido con todo mi corazón al Dios omnipotente que quite de mí la ansiedad, la duda, y el temor. La respuesta nunca se hace esperar: el Señor contesta las oraciones ya que pone en nosotros la seguridad y la paz. Solo Él cambia nuestros corazones y mentes.
Un día me entretenía en mi lecho pensando y repentinamente sentí un silbo quieto y apacible, era como la voz de Dios que me decía:  Estad quieto y conoced que yo soy Dios. No temáis que yo estoy contigo. Rápidamente desapareció toda mi ansiedad y con fe plena me entregué al reposo. Aunque ignoraba lo que el porvenir me tenía reservado, sabía que el futuro estaba en manos de Dios. Pasaron los meses, luego los años, pude recuperar la salud y después de esta experiencia nunca más el temor se apoderó de mí. Su compañía fue real en todo momento. Comparto mi testimonio para que usted sienta esa misma seguridad y confianza en este día.
La relación de Dios con nosotros es la de un Padre amoroso que vive pendiente de su hijo o hija, no para violentarlo o castigarlo, sino para conducirle, corregir sus caminos y llenarle de seguridad y confianza.

Oración: Señor, capacítanos para estar siempre atentos a tu voz y seguir tus indicaciones. Amén




No comments:

Post a Comment