Thursday, July 7, 2016

Thursday, July 7 LIVING WITH WISDOM PROVERBS 3:13-18

Thursday, July 7
LIVING WITH WISDOM
PROVERBS 3:13-18

Happy are those who find wisdom...

Proverbs 3: 13

There is a lot of talk these days about the loss of values in society, but the issue is not to just talk about it, but to reflect deeply on the subject and to take action to teach the values of God’s Kingdom.  Education takes time, and we don’t always take the time to do it. That’s why I want to share this story to make us aware of how important it is to make the effort and devote quality time to teach Christian values to our children:

While praying before going to bed, a little child devoutly prayed: 

Lord, tonight I am asking for something special: turn me into a TV set. I’d like to take its place. I’d like to live the way our family’s TV lives. Namely, to have a special room for myself and to gather all the members of my family around me, to be taken seriously when I speak, to become the center of attention and to be one to whom everyone listens without interruption or question. I’d like to receive the special attention that the TV gets when it doesn’t work, and have my dad’s company when he comes home from work, even though he is tired. And for my mom to look for me when she is alone and bored, instead of ignoring me. And for my brothers to fight with each other over who gets to be with me. And to be able to entertain everyone, even without having to say anything. I’d like to experience the feeling of people leaving everything to spend a few minutes at my side. Lord, I’m not asking for much – just to experience what any television set experiences.”


Prayer: Good and gracious God, allow us to live wisely, dealing with family and personal relationships, building bridges of love and understanding among those who surround us. Amen.

Translated by John Potter



VIVIENDO CON SABIDURÍA
PROVERBIOS 3:13-18

 Bienaventurado el hombre que halla la sabiduría..

Proverbios 3: 13

Hoy en día se habla mucho de la pérdida de valores en la sociedad,  pero la cuestión no es decirlo sino reflexionar profundamente sobre este tema y actuar para enseñar los valores del reino de Dios. Educar lleva tiempo y no siempre lo hacemos. Es por eso que quiero compartir esta historia, para sensibilizarnos acerca de la importancia de enseñar a nuestros hijos los valores cristianos con esfuerzo y dedicarles tiempo de calidad:
Mientras oraba antes de acostarse, un niño pidió con devoción: “Señor, esta noche te pido algo especial: conviérteme en un televisor. Quisiera ocupar su lugar. Quisiera vivir lo que vive la Tele de mi casa. Es decir, tener un cuarto especial para mí y reunir a todos los miembros de la familia a mi alrededor. Ser tomado en serio cuando hablo. Convertirme en el centro de atención y ser aquel al que todos quieren escuchar sin interrumpirlo ni cuestionarlo. Quisiera sentir el cuidado especial que recibe la Tele cuando algo no funciona. Y tener la compañía de mi papá cuando llega a casa, aunque esté cansado del trabajo. Y que mi mamá me busque cuando esté sola y aburrida, en lugar de ignorarme. Y que mis hermanos se peleen por estar conmigo. Y que pueda divertirlos a todos, aunque a veces no les diga nada. Quisiera vivir la sensación de que lo dejen todo para pasar unos momentos a mi lado. Señor, no te pido mucho. Sólo vivir lo que vive cualquier televisor”.

Oración: Dios bueno, déjanos vivir con sabiduría, ocupándonos de las relaciones familiares y personales, construyendo  puentes de amor y comprensión entre los que nos rodean. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment