Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday, November 10 THAT WHICH LASTS 1 Timothy 6:17-19

Friday, November 10
THAT WHICH LASTS
1 TIMOTHY 6:17-19

… …nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain… (NIV)

1 Timothy 6:17

Some time ago I had a pair of red socks which I jealously kept because they were of good quality and I liked them a lot. A good friend of mine had no dress socks, so I offered him mine. When I opened my drawer the first pair of socks I saw before me was precisely those I liked so well. Right then I doubted, “Do I give them to him?” Finally, I decided to.

We’re all attached to this or that; and in our value scale some material things occupy a very special place. Everyone enjoys good things, but when this interest in material things begins outweighing our Christian responsibilities it becomes harmful.

Our hopes can’t be centered on something temporal. They need to be centered on God, who is the source of all we have and more. Always remember that material riches end, but the Lord remains forever.

Prayer:  Lord, we want to ask you this day that you do not allow our eyes or hearts to be dazzled by material riches. Cure our attachment for the vain things of this world. Deliver us from those temptations. Amen.

 Translation by John Walter

 LO QUE PERMANECE
1 TIMOTEO 6:17-19

… porque las riquezas no son seguras...

1 Timoteo 6:17

Hace tiempo tuve un par de medias rojas que conservaba con celo porque me gustaban mucho y tenían una buena calidad. Un amigo mío no tenía un buen par de medias de vestir y le ofrecí uno. Cuando abrí mi gaveta, el primer par de medias que apareció ante mis ojos fue precisamente este que tanto me gustaban. En ese instante dudé: “¿Se las daré?” finalmente, decidí dárselas.

Todos estamos apegados a esto o aquello, y en nuestra escala de valores algunas cosas materiales ocupan un lugar muy privilegiado. Lo bueno nos gusta a todos, pero cuando este interés por los bienes materiales va desplazando nuestras responsabilidades cristianas se convierte en algo perjudicial.

Nuestras esperanzas no pueden estar centradas en algo temporal, tienen que estar centradas en Dios, que es quien nos proporciona todo lo que tenemos y más también. Recordemos siempre que las riquezas materiales se acaban, más el Señor permanece para siempre.

Oración: Señor, en el día de hoy queremos pedirte que no dejes a nuestros ojos y corazón encandilarse con las riquezas materiales. Cura nuestros apegos por las cosas vanas de este mundo. Aléjanos de esas tentaciones. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment