Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Wednesday, March 7 SEEING IS BELIEVING John 8:37-45


Wednesday, March 7

SEEING IS BELIEVING
JOHN 8:37-45

But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me
John 8:45 (NRSV)
“If I can’t see it, I don’t believe it.” “I can’t believe it!” “Swear that you’re telling me the truth.” These are several expressions that we use and hear every day. They occur in different contexts and circumstances, as well as other things that we try to ignore or not to hear. Do we not want to believe out of fear? Why should we not believe? Why doubt who says it?
Truth gives out light and puts everything in sight. Before it we cannot hide our pettiness as human beings, our deviations from the path, our dirt. Some are just thoughts, others become words and others become actions.
Jesus speaks with authority making a proposal that affects habits, traditions, privileges, and powers. They can’t believe it because that implies leaving something, changing something, losing something. We have believed in Jesus, have confessed that Christ bore the sins of the world on the cross. Sometimes it costs, or else we don’t know how to truly place our lives at his feet so that the truth may be a reality in them.

Prayer: Lord, I don’t know the words to thank you for all that you have given me, for all that you do for me and all that you keep on doing. Let my testimony be faithful and authentic. Amen.
Translation by John Potter



VER PARA CREER
JUAN 8:37-45

Jesús dijo: “Como yo digo la verdad, ustedes no me creen”
Juan 8:45

“Si no lo veo, no lo creo” “¡No puedo creerlo!” “Júrame que me dices la verdad” Estas son algunas expresiones que usamos y oímos todos los días. Se ven en distintos contextos y circunstancias, así como otras cosas que procuramos no escuchar o ignorar. ¿No queremos creer por miedo? ¿Por qué nos conviene no creer? ¿Por qué dudamos de quien lo dice?
La verdad arroja luz, pone todo a la vista. Ante ella no podemos ocultar nuestra pequeñez como seres humanos, nuestros desvíos del camino, nuestras suciedades. Algunas son sólo de pensamiento, otras llegan a las palabras y otras a las acciones.
Jesús habla con autoridad, les está haciendo una propuesta que afecta hábitos, tradiciones, privilegios, poderes. No le pueden creer porque eso implica dejar algo, cambiar algo, perder algo.
Nosotros hemos creído en Jesús, hemos confesado que Cristo cargó en la cruz los pecados del mundo. A veces nos cuesta, o no sabemos dejar a sus pies verdaderamente nuestras vidas, para que la verdad sea una realidad en ellas.

Oración: Señor, no me alcanzan las palabras para agradecerte por todo lo que me has dado, por todo lo que haces por mí y todo lo que seguirás haciendo. Permite que mi testimonio sea fiel y auténtico. Amén.



No comments:

Post a Comment