Friday, March 15, 2019

Friday, March 15 FAITH ROMANS 4:18-25


Friday, March 15
FAITH
 ROMANS 4:18-25

Fixing our eyes on Jesus,
the pioneer and perfecter of faith… 
 Hebrews 12: 2a

A little while back I was conversing with a sister who spent some time visiting in one of our communities. Upon preparing to leave she confessed to me, “One of the richest impressions that brought me here is its faith.”  She also added, “In our country, which has an abundance of so many things for which we should thank God, I don’t find the faith that I do here.”

And this, I confess to you, left me thinking. Are we aware of the treasure of the faith that we have? Paul uses the image that it’s like treasure sealed in clay jars. They’re not even like fine porcelain, because in reality we’re as fragile as clay, and we don’t realize the treasure we have.   

Another question that arises in me is the following: And what do we do with this treasure? What purpose does this treasure have? Because if a treasure has no useful value it loses its state of being treasure.

Prayer:  Lord, help me today that I might wisely use the treasure you’ve given me in such a way as that it might be helpful for others. Amen.

Translation by John Walter


LA FE
 ROMANOS  4:18-25

Fijemos la mirada en Jesús, el autor y consumador de la fe…

 Hebreos  12: 2a

Hace poco conversaba con una hermana que llevaba algún tiempo de visita en una de nuestras comunidades. En el momento de la despedida me confesaba: ‟una de las impresiones más rica que me llevo de esta comunidad es su fe.” También, argumentaba: “en nuestro país que hay abundancia de tantas cosas, por las cuales debiéramos agradecer a Dios, yo no encuentro que se vive la fe como aquí.”

Y esto, te confieso, me dejó pensando. ¿Estamos conscientes del tesoro de la fe que tenemos? Pablo usa la imagen de que es como en tesoro encerrado en vasos de barro. Ni siquiera son de porcelana fina, porque en realidad somos tan frágiles como el barro, y no nos damos cuenta del tesoro que tenemos.

La otra pregunta que surge en mí es la siguiente, ¿y qué hacemos con este tesoro? ¿De qué nos sirve este tesoro? Porque si un tesoro no tiene valor de uso, pierde su condición de tesoro.

Oración: Señor, ayúdame a que hoy pueda usar sabiamente el tesoro que me has dado, de manera tal que sea útil también para los demás. Amén.


No comments:

Post a Comment