Friday, February 15, 2019

Friday, February 15 TO LIVE TRUSTING JOB 24: 10-23


Friday, February 15
TO LIVE TRUSTING
JOB 24: 10-23

He gives them security and confidence…   (NIV)                                                 
  Job 24:23


 Human beings are given to feeling themselves alone and sad during tribulations and illnesses.  These situations nearly always produce anxiety and a feeling of loneliness in us.

Every day I ask with all my heart that the omnipotent God remove anxiety, doubt, and fear from me.  The answer is never long in coming:  the Lord answers prayers since he places in us the security that only he can change our moans into dance, our weeping into joyful songs of gratitude.

One day I found myself uneasy. It distressed me to be ill.  I put myself in communion with God in my bed, and immediately heard the quiet and gentle whisper saying:  Be at peace and know that I am God, Fear not, for I am with you.   All my anxiety rapidly disappeared, and with complete faith I surrendered to rest, although I ignored what the future had reserved for me. But I knew that the future was in God’s hands.

Months and years passed to recuperate my health, and I can tell you that fear never again took hold of me. His company was always real. 

Prayer:   Lord, Give us the ability to always be attentive to your voice and follow your indications.  May we live confident of your eternal company in our lives. Amen.

Translation by John Walter


VIVIR CONFIADOS
JOB 24: 10-23

Él les da seguridad y confianza                                                  
  Job 24:23

Los seres humanos somos dados a sentirnos solos y tristes en las tribulaciones y enfermedades. Ellas casi siempre producen en nosotros esta ansiedad y un sentimiento de soledad.

Todos los días pido con todo mi corazón al Dios omnipotente que quite de mí la ansiedad, la duda, y el temor. La respuesta nunca se hace esperar mucho: el Señor contesta las oraciones ya que pone en nosotros la seguridad de que solo Él puede cambiar nuestro lamento en baile, nuestro llanto en canción gozosa de gratitud.

Un día me encontraba inquieto, me angustiaba estar enfermo. Me puse en comunión con Dios en mi lecho y repentinamente oí el silbo quieto y apacible que me susurraba:  Estad quietos y conoced que yo soy Dios. No temáis que yo estoy contigo. Rápidamente desapareció toda mi ansiedad y con fe plena me entregué al reposo, aunque ignoraba lo que el porvenir me tenía reservado, pero sabía que el futuro estaba en manos de Dios.

Pasaron los meses, los años, para recuperar la salud y puedo decirles que jamás el temor se apoderó de mí. Su compañía fue real en todo momento.

Oración: Señor, capacítanos para estar siempre atentos a tu voz y seguir tus indicaciones. Permite que vivamos confiados por tu compañía eterna en nuestras vidas. Amén.




No comments:

Post a Comment