Saturday, October 26, 2019

Saturday, October 26 I WILL NOT FEAR PSALM 23: 1-6


Saturday, October 26
I WILL NOT FEAR
 PSALM 23: 1-6

Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23: 4 (NIV)
There’s a Chinese proverb that says: “He who is afraid of suffering is already suffering from fear.”
We have all felt fear at some time. Fear is a sensation of warning and anxiety for the presence of a danger or problem, be it real or imagined: fear of dying, failure, and so many fears of frustrations and problems, to make a blunder, the list of possibilities is endless…
I have experienced the fear of undergoing seven surgical procedures, twice on the verge of death, but as a Christian I prayed to God before going in the operating room, using this Psalm.
Like the author of this Psalm, I am certain that my God and Lord is with me and cares for me like a shepherd. David knew well the role of a shepherd, and in his times of weakness and fear he could experience something like the protection and care he offered his flock.
When afraid let us say like the Psalmist: I will fear no evil.
Prayer: Our Father, thank you because we can trust in your presence when we are afraid. Amen
Translation by George Meek

NO TEMERE
 SALMO 23: 1-6

Aunque ande en valle de sombra de muerte, no temeré mal alguno, porque tú estarás conmigo
Salmo 23: 4
Hay un proverbio chino que dice: “El que teme sufrir ya sufre el temor”
Todos hemos sentido miedo alguna vez. El miedo es una sensación de alerta y angustia por la presencia de un peligro o mal, sea real o imaginario: miedo a morir, al fracaso, y tantos miedos a frustraciones y problemas, a quedar mal, a una lista de interminables posibilidades…
Yo he experimentado temor al tener que ser sometida siete veces a intervenciones quirúrgicas, en dos de ellas he estado al borde de la muerte, pero como cristiana mi plegaria a Dios antes de entrar al salón de operaciones siempre ha sido precisamente este Salmo.
Al igual que el autor del Salmo, he tenido la certeza de que mi Dios y Señor está conmigo y cuida de mí como el pastor cuida y protege a sus ovejas. David conocía ciertamente el oficio de pastor, y podía experimentar en sus momentos de debilidad y temor algo similar a la protección y cuidado que él sabía ofrecer a su rebaño.
Ante una situación de temor digamos como el salmista: No temeré mal alguno.
Oración: Padre nuestro, gracias porque podemos confiar en tu presencia cuando estamos temerosos. Amén


No comments:

Post a Comment